buy HR20 in stores?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
Is there a way to pick up the HR-20 in stores? I was at a circuit city and they said they are only available for free shipping to homes, not carried in the store.

Is there a way to pick up the HR-20 in stores? I was at a circuit city and they said they are only available for free shipping to homes, not carried in the store.

It must vary by locality. Here in CT they are SOMETIMES available in stores. I just picked mine up at a Best Buy. They don't stay in the stores long, though.

Makes me want to just get the H20, but I've been with the H20 for so long I'm tired of it, not to mention the SLIGHT detail of having a DVR. :)

While I'd much rather shop at Circuit City, the local Best Buy shows them in stock. I've had bad luck with BB's website showing something in stock but the store not having it.

So its $299, do I just get the $100 rebate from D*? BB's site doesn't list the $100 rebate, but Circuit city does.

Last edited:

Are you saying that D* WILL send them to your house now ?
Previously they would only allow you to get one from them IF you had an installer to install it, even if you had the 5 lnb set up already.

Anyone have a recient experience with getting a second one ?

Jimbo

Are you saying that D* WILL send them to your house now ?
Previously they would only allow you to get one from them IF you had an installer to install it, even if you had the 5 lnb set up already.

Anyone have a recient experience with getting a second one ?

Jimbo

I couldn't get them to send me one unless an installer came with it. I explained that I didn't need anyone to plug it in since I already have the AT9 working just fine. It made no difference. I went to Best Buy and got one.

I couldn't get them to send me one unless an installer came with it. I explained that I didn't need anyone to plug it in since I already have the AT9 working just fine. It made no difference. I went to Best Buy and got one.

Did you pay $ 299, did they or D* offer a $100 rebate ?

I saw them at CC awhile back, listed as $ 199 ( New sub only, in fine print)
I would like to get a black one, anyone seen black ones in the stores yet ?

Jimbo

Took me 4 months for next avilable appoitment to get mine "professionally" unpacked...er I mean installed. So far it's been working great!

Took me 4 months for next avilable appoitment to get mine "professionally" unpacked...er I mean installed. So far it's been working great!

I think I'll look around town, usually there are a few to be had....

If I can't find one, then I will see what D* says.. or maybe I'll call D* and see if I tell them I have one already set up and see if they will just send one, if not, then I'll see if they will offer me the $100 discount if I buy one locally, although I doubt they will give the $ 100 if I don't get it from them.

If I cannot find one locally and they won't just send one, well thats OK too, I don't need it immediatly.

I'd like to have another before they new HD channels are starting to roll out. (Sept, Oct. hopefully)

Jimbo

Here's the deal...the $100 is for new customers only. Some of the electronic retail chains are misinforming customers that the rebate is for all customers, which isn't true.

Here's the deal...the $100 is for new customers only. Some of the electronic retail chains are misinforming customers that the rebate is for all customers, which isn't true.

Once again .....
When will they start paying attention to the existing sub's ?

Jimbo

Did you pay $ 299, did they or D* offer a $100 rebate ?

I saw them at CC awhile back, listed as $ 199 ( New sub only, in fine print)
I would like to get a black one, anyone seen black ones in the stores yet ?

Jimbo

I paid $299.

yeah that is crummy of directv. Existing subs are just as important as new subs. Perhaps try and keep some of us with huge bills every month happy.

Don't know about the Costco's where you live but in Southern Ca. they carry the HR20's for 269.00

Costco is kinda like Sams Club. But they do alot more business $$$ wise with less stores.
Also, you'll see the same employees each time you go in because they treat their people better than Wal Mart.

I spoke with an installer the other day, while I was at my job and inquired about this.
He said thye sent an installer out, because that is how the installers get paid (by the job, I guess is what he meant), so if I take it at the door as long as I sign off on it, he gets paid I guess, if they will do that, but I failed to ask him about that.

I could understand that, except it cost D* and the local installer alot less to send a reciever in the mail than to send an installer out.

Jimbo

Big Box stores are not the only place to buy HR20's.. Even your little local retailer should be able to sell you one. I know I have them. And the price is no different than the big box store..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)