buy now or lease later?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redmach1_04

Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
I have dish network right now. Dish is HORRIBLE at keeping existing customers though. I'm comtemplating switching to DirecTV for the free DVR. Dish is wanting to charge me $5/month to "lease" the equipment when a NEW customer wouldn't have to pay the $5/month...

1) Is switching to get the r-15 worth it? I've never had a DVR so I've never seen a TIVO to compare it to.

2) should I order it NOW and get the ownership of the DVR or wait and get it under the lease?

Thanks for your comments!

There is no difference in the lease fee in what an additional outlet fee is. They just change the name of what they are charging you for. It will cost you the same. I have seen several posts now about this. All they are doing is confusing people and hurting themselves by making people think that they would have to pay more if they were with Dish. I guess it will be the same thing with DirecTv soon as well.

Also Dish Network allows you to save on additional outlet fees on the dual tuner receivers. You do not have to pay it on the second tuner for the additional tv as long as the phone line is plugged in.

redmach1_04 said:
I have dish network right now. Dish is HORRIBLE at keeping existing customers though. I'm comtemplating switching to DirecTV for the free DVR. Dish is wanting to charge me $5/month to "lease" the equipment when a NEW customer wouldn't have to pay the $5/month...

1) Is switching to get the r-15 worth it? I've never had a DVR so I've never seen a TIVO to compare it to.

2) should I order it NOW and get the ownership of the DVR or wait and get it under the lease?

Thanks for your comments!

I'd get the R-15 now because if you ever leave DTV then you can keep your favorite movies up to like 100 hours. I got the Super Bowl saved "forever." I like the R15 and never used Tivo exept one time a couple years ago and the guide was so damn slow that I would never consider it.

I bought another H20 now because it was virtually free. It cost me 201.39 at circuit city, including tax, since I had a $10 coupon. (199 - 10 + 6% tax). Customer Retention gave me a 200 credit on my account (the rebate) so I wouldn't have to fill the paperwork out. The unit cost me 1.39. I only have 1 HDTV now, but we're getting another one soon and now I'm covered. Also, this box has an RF remote, which is nice for the bedroom since the receiver is kind of hidden and meant stretching to hit the box to change the channel from in bed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts