Buying 4X4 Multiswitch soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello, Wanting to purchase a new 4x4 multiswitch for my system. I had few a ports that went bad on my old one. Thought of buying a (Zinwell 6x8 Multi-Switch MS6x8WB-Z Directv Approved). It seems to be lower cost than the 4x4. Any thoughts about if this would work with FTA System?
I am also looking at a (Zinwell 4X4 MultiSwitch Multi-Switch SAM-4402-3A). Imput would be nice! Thanks Guys, and have a great day:hatsoff:.

I would talk to the vendors on here like the satellite av and see what they can do. I used a zinwell before they are not bad.

Dan Rose

I use four of the 6X8's and they work fine. I have the powered and the unpowered and they all work well.

Hello Sat Guys,

I need some help with my system. What I want to do is use my stationary Ku Satellite with my C-band and Motorized Ku satellite setup. I have included some photos of my setup. I was using a Geosat Pro 4X4 switch, but it went bad. Guess I removed the cables one time to many. I unscrewed one of the outlets and broke it off from the inside and shorted the unit out. It was suggested the 5X8 would be a better cost and this one was brand new with no terminals to unscrew. This works great. I’ll try and describe my system below.

1. I have 5 coax lines form the pine trees to the house. Each line is 180 feet with no amps.
2. I have one sprinkle line for the C-Band.
3. Ku dishes have three lines; I have two for the Geosatpro SL2 dual lnbf and one for the motor.
4. I use a powered 24v 5X8 switch in the house.

The coax lines marked with orange are Ku Band and White are C-Band in the photos.

I got the idea from Brian about using a single coax for the Ku HH-Motor. I use a Cnx –Nano receiver for the Ku HH-motor. I have not had any problems with this setup for the motor. My C-Band side works great. My Ku HH-Motor side also works great.

What I would like to use is the stationary Ku Sat. that is looking at 83W. I realize I will only need the (H) side of the lnbf. I can’t seem to get the signal for the 83W, no matter how I use the DisEqC switch or an Ecoda 22 KHz switch. Any ideas would be a great help. Being over 60 is not helping my brain figure this out.
DSCF1527.JPGDSCF1529.JPGDSCF1535.JPG

Hello again Satguys,

I wanted to bring everybody up to date my project. Before, I tried several different combinations of switches to achieve three different satellites into the house using two coax lines. I still have same two Ku lines hooked up to the 5X8 switch. What I now did was to remove the two (Dual lnbf’s) and install two single lnbf’s. I still used 22 KHz for the Ku lines to the 5X8 switch. I now have the three satellites that (WORK)! I was so happy , I ordered a Geosatpro SL1PLL LNBF. My present signals and quality are good, but I just want to try and increase the lnbf on the HH Motor to 125W. I hope this helps anybody that was trying to do the same configuration similar to what I have. Anyway, I’m a happy camper. Maybe better when I receive the new PLL lnbf!!:)......!

Status
Please reply by conversation.