buying a Leased box???????????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
I looking for the correct answer or maybe a trick on how to do it.

I am looking to buy another HDDVR box so I can MRV and record more the 2 episodes in one night.

Can/How can I buy one of those hddvr boxes on ebay and but it on my account
I called this mourning and lady said NO you can not do that

I thought u could just needed to buy new access card. So hoping someone can tell me how or not

I looking for the correct answer or maybe a trick on how to do it.

I am looking to buy another HDDVR box so I can MRV and record more the 2 episodes in one night.

Can/How can I buy one of those hddvr boxes on ebay and but it on my account
I called this mourning and lady said NO you can not do that

I thought u could just needed to buy new access card. So hoping someone can tell me how or not
If you don't like Directv's answer Just buy one and call D* to add it to your account. You will learn an expensive lesson.:)

see that is what I am trying to avoid expensive lesson So I am not sure what that means.
Nobody can give the correct answer.

I called directv again and He said yes and was going to do he asked for IRD# but what is the catch
I dunno

Unless you buy a box (IRD) from an authorized retailer on Ebay, you are hanging your butt out to dry.....If you find one you want, get the IRD # from the seller, call D* and they will check the account. If it is an owned box you can buy it (rare).

Go to Costco and get one for $159.00. Or, email DirecTV and see what kind of deal they will give you. I wouldn't take a chance with leased boxes on Ebay.

thanks wildbill129 what email address do I use

Also does anybody know if MRV will work between 2 HD-DVR

Reason being I like to record more then 2 show at one time........LOLLL

Wildbill129 and sddtvtech are wrong in the sense the suggested sources won't sell you receivers they will lease you receivers.

Looking at Stone Cold I take the answer is NO
even when I call DTV they give me different answers.

So it is either buy a new one, owned, or one someone has never activated...

consumers should be fully advised that their purchases of DIRECTV receivers come with strings. They should not have to discover after paying hundreds of dollars for a receiver that their purchase is more like a rental, requiring continuous payments

Well I had a manager at Bestbuy try telling me it owned equpment. When I finally made him read the recipt he said oh i dont know that. So Bestbuy does not help any.

Well I had a manager at Bestbuy try telling me it owned equpment. When I finally made him read the recipt he said oh i dont know that. So Bestbuy does not help any.

Although if you look at the BOX, it's stated on it that the recvr is a LEASE.

I would look at it this way, everything you buy from some one since March 2006 will be a LEASE.

Personally, I would call D* and see what they will offer you.

thanks everybody U saved me money and trouble.....I really hate the lease stuff, pay 200.00 but don't own make no sense but oh well that is the way it is.......

Jimbo I will call and see what they have to offer last time I did there was no discount....

I hate to keep asking but I found a box on graiglist that is owned cheap
how are the
[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]HR10-250[/FONT]

And is there any box if I were to look for what model number to own thanks

Just bought a hr21-100 on craiglist for 100.00 owned hope this is good one
Does this unit need the filters on the coax cables..

thanks

Just bought a hr21-100 on craiglist for 100.00 owned hope this is good one
Does this unit need the filters on the coax cables..

thanks

And how did you verify that the box was 'owned' and not leased? If you didn't you should have caled DirecTV with the RID of the box to verify that it wasn't a lease and that it was free and clear, no outstanding charges against it.

As to your question, unless you have a SWiM LNB or switch then yes it will need the BBC's connected inline on the coax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)