Buying a TiVo HD DVR for Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
To the best of my knowlege, the THR22 (Tivo Box) is not whole Home capable. Also, it requires a phone line to be connected for TIVO services.
Just a couple things to keep in mind, when thinking about getting one. Oh, and somebody else posted that CSR's and Techs really dont know much about the TIVO's... They're right. Our training was minimal at best.

You are correct, the THR22 is NOT Whole Home capable.

The disconnecting could easily be a bad deca adapter...or too much noise on the coax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We don't have them on the store, but if you call the office we do have Directv Tivo units for $199 plus shipping.

I'm still not getting what store this is referring to. Is this that "solid signal" website?

If I decided to get the HR24 (instead of the Tivo), where do I go to be sure I get that model?

Hmm.. didnt know that (there's that minimal training again..). We were told that the TIVO's required the phone line. If you go into the TIVO menu's and force a Call in (Services call?) it looks for a phone line (know that from troubleshooting with a customer).
Makes sense that it can use internet instead, as regular DirecTV receivers have that capability.

Goldenrhino, I would be interested in seeing what the tech has to say. Since shared recordings are the problem, I'd tend to think there is some bad wiring somewhere. You can go to your HR34 and tell it not to share programs (Menu/Settings&Help/Settings/Whole-Home) or you can put a band stop filter before the HR24 and it will block all shared programs.

Of course the TiVo would not have that problem since it can't be used to view shared programs at all, period.

Did anyone Mention that the TivoHR's will not do Whole home DVR.
Why bother getting it!

You already Have Whole home. You should Just get The HR24.

What (little) I know about the THR22 DirecTiVo is that you hook it up to the internet using DECA the same way you would a HR22,with a DECA adapter. You just won't get whole home DVR with it,& you get the old TiVo non-HD GUI.

I do hope to hear if you got your freezing problems fixed with your HR22. That seems more frustrating than getting the THR22 or not.

Did anyone Mention that the TivoHR's will not do Whole home DVR.
Why bother getting it!

You already Have Whole home. You should Just get The HR24.

Just to be clear, the Tivo I'm considering is for my daughters room. I don't even want whole home access for it. I'd rather just click on the play list & have nothing but her cartoons in her room.

I'd also like to be able to record shows from the Tivo play list to a DVD recorder. I have no idea if the THR22 will even let you do that, but I know the Tivos I had from 2001-2007 would. And it's my understanding that the Directv DVR's will not allow you to send recordings to a DVD recorder (can only record live programs).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)