Buying box from Alibaba

confusso

Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
washington
I see that the chinese are offering cheap android box. Has anyone any experience from buying from there to US ? Is there any customs that I have to pay when I get the box ? I am planning to get a android box and use XBMC for watching live channels.

I see that the chinese are offering cheap android box. Has anyone any experience from buying from there to US ? Is there any customs that I have to pay when I get the box ? I am planning to get a android box and use XBMC for watching live channels.

I don´t remember the customs limit to import free of tax.
But I had a very bad experience some years ago when I bought a sat receiver from a seller on Alibaba, and the box didn´t even turn on.
It was a very very low quality product, and I don´t remember if it was that purchase or something else from alibaba, but I had a really bad time trying to get a refund.

There is a posting on legalfreetoair.com (Hypermegasat's site) from a guy about this saying he can't get one of these generic Android's working. A few others said they already know about them, and that they are junk and won't work in the US. http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=35419.0

The only Android FTA receiver I know of that works over here at the moment, is the Amiko A3.

Reactions: Mr Tony
If you buy direct from the Chinese, you aren't going to get much support, if any, especially if you are able to buy only one or two units. One or two units won't be direct from the manufacturer/factory, but from a middleman over there and the firmware isn't likely to be US.

The actual manufacturers/factories over there won't likely want to deal directly with you unless you're buying a large quantity, very often when they say minimum order of a thousand, or something like that, they'll cut it down to 500, 250, but not to just a few units, only a few units at low cost will be from a middleman with likely no support. The manufacturers/factories also only like dealing with companies, or if you look to be a company with a professional looking web site, contacts, etc.

Fees for customs depends on how it is shipped, best to look that up, it's been too long for me to know for sure.

If you're looking to run Kodi/XBMC, look into the Raspberry PI2. It does a good job of it if your internet connection is decent and it's cheap and small. I have a mini bluetooth keyboard hooked to mine and the PI2 strapped to the back of my TV.

Reactions: N6BY and TheKrell
I am not sure what exactly wanting to do, but since you mentioned XBMC and an android box to get live channels, you might want to give the linked thread a look.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...s-stealing-the-new-way-of-watching-tv.353659/

Thanks friends for your replies. I changed my mind after your recommendations and decided to buy an android box from Amazon from a local US seller. I think that's better so that I can get support here in US if there's any hardware problem.

I am very happy with the box and I can watch all the channels I want to see in excellent picture quality. And after I jailbreaked the box I could get lot of English, US channels also.

Thanks friends for your replies. I changed my mind after your recommendations and decided to buy an android box from Amazon from a local US seller. I think that's better so that I can get support here in US if there's any hardware problem.

I am very happy with the box and I can watch all the channels I want to see in excellent picture quality. And after I jailbreaked the box I could get lot of English, US channels also.
What box did you get?

My roku box died yesterday and I have no warranty anymore :mad:

thanks for your recomendation. I see that I can buy it on Amazon with 14 days free return if I don't like it. I am going to get one and try it, an important thing for me is that the picture is crystal clear. I am very picky on that.

I just ordered one from Amazon, since they offer 14 days refund guarantee. If I don't like the picture quality I can return it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)