Bye bye and Thanks, Dish!

answered

We finally get a nice post as to why someone leaves a company then along comes this dick...Sheesh!!

I answered this question already & it looks like you don't understand tongue in cheek humor either. If I was really being an a-hole I would've said something like why are you coming here to cry about how bad you were treated. I sais nothing like that at all. Me D* man.

And Stargazer, I think under the current model, to switch every 2 years is about the only way to get the best end-user 'value' in packages. Until the companies realize it's likely cheaper to their bottom line to KEEP customers than to develop new ones, the game continues.

Murph
:)

The 2 year switch does not work with E* anymore. I have not had service with them for over 3 years. When i called to inquire about new service, I was told that I was a customer 3 years ago and I do not qualify for "new service"

They offered to turn me back on, if I provided my own equipment and purchased access cards from them and paid a $20 reconnect fee

I had a good experience with Dish for 5 years too. When I got my first HD set, Dish was the best provider, Direct was 2nd, and Cox Cable wasn't even close. Finally as of last January, Cox saw the light and has since massively upgraded their HD channel offerings. With the additional HD, plus the telephone and internet bundle, I couldn't resist going back to Cox. 15 months later and I haven't regretted the move. No hard feelings, Dish. It's not personal, it's business. :)

The 2 year switch does not work with E* anymore. I have not had service with them for over 3 years. When i called to inquire about new service, I was told that I was a customer 3 years ago and I do not qualify for "new service"

They offered to turn me back on, if I provided my own equipment and purchased access cards from them and paid a $20 reconnect fee

Wow... that BLOWS! Well, if Direct isn't working out by Summer 2012, maybe I'll try Charter. They'll probably be bought by a more reputable company by then anyway. :)

Wow... that BLOWS! Well, if Direct isn't working out by Summer 2012, maybe I'll try Charter. They'll probably be bought by a more reputable company by then anyway. :)

There has to be more to his story than what he bothered to share. Non-pay disco. Receivers not returned. Left while still under contract...
If you played by the rules when you leave, then you can come back under former customer DHA, really only difference between this and a new customer DHA is that you would be required to sign a two year commitment.

murph74 said:
$6 for locals

Locals are included with every package, and you do not need Multisports to get your local RSN, which makes me think that - due to your local sports experience - you did not bother to call back and get a different customer service rep who maybe had a better offer.

Since you are so vague about your current package, it is hard to determine that.

bet u right

There has to be more to his story than what he bothered to share. Non-pay disco. Receivers not returned. Left while still under contract...
If you played by the rules when you leave, then you can come back under former customer DHA, really only difference between this and a new customer DHA is that you would be required to sign a two year commitment.

Yep there is more to the story.

Wow... that BLOWS! Well, if Direct isn't working out by Summer 2012,
maybe I'll try Charter. They'll probably be bought by a more reputable company by then anyway. :)

This is by far the worst communications company out there today. Not just the inferior programming & equipment, but their customer service, also which a big portion of is offshore. This part takes the cake with this bunch. They wrote off something like $8 billion in debt. Then just recently on this site I read a multichannel article talking about charter's newly appointed CEO who helped steer them out of bankruptcy and his $10.2 million employment deal Charter's Lovett Inks $10.2M Employment Deal - 2010-04-14 01:21:11 | Multichannel News
For a company in this much trouble financially it just doesn't seem logical for this astronomical salary for 1 person.
Even if charter offered services @ my location I wouldn't take any of it even if they offered it for free. Guess that sums up my feelings towards this outfit....:rant:

You mean the two packages that are significantly less than anything he could be offered by DirecTV ?

I guess you didnt read his original post and decided to post some irrelevant info. He was looking to upgrade his package to get his sports. He was protesting Dish's ineptitude to carry all of his local hockey teams game due to a childish spat with FSN Midwest so he lowered the package. What package did he go to? I dont know it wasnt listed.
Could have been Family pack
Could have been AT120
Could have been locals only for all we know

Fact of the matter is I answered your post about locals being included in ALL packages. I proved you wrong then you have to respond with that???? :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is I answered your post about locals being included in ALL packages. I proved you wrong then you have to respond with that???? :rolleyes:

What is your problem ?

I did say to him, quote "due to your local sports experience".

But he was saying was that later, after that experience, the catalyst for his change to DirecTV was that it was going to cost him a huge amount more to get locals and his RSN from Dish.

My comment was that huge amount was probably due to CSR ineptitude, and that if your speculation of Family or Welcome is true, then he would certainly see a significant increase going to DirecTV (outside of the usual new customer promotions, which apply in either direction).

And, BTW, these "I'm leaving" letters should be emailed to Dish - it is not like SatelliteGuys determine what Dish Network does - otherwise there would have been 24/7 HD RSNs two or three years ago. :D

Last edited:
What is your problem ?
I dont have a problem. Seems like you dont like it when folks prove you wrong ;)

I did say to him, quote "due to your local sports experience".
after you posted
boo hoo hoo bye bye E*. If that was right for you so be it. I don't care about sports but you do.

seems like no matter what someone says about why they're leaving Dish you seem to post the same thing over and over. The OP gave VALID reasons as to why he is leaving, not something like "well I got 200 bucks in credits from dish and now they wont give me Cinemax free for 3 months. I'm leaving" and you still go and attack/chastise him

I dont have a problem. Seems like you dont like it when folks prove you wrong ;)

after you posted
boo hoo hoo bye bye E*. If that was right for you so be it. I don't care about sports but you do.

seems like no matter what someone says about why they're leaving Dish you seem to post the same thing over and over. The OP gave VALID reasons as to why he is leaving, not something like "well I got 200 bucks in credits from dish and now they wont give me Cinemax free for 3 months. I'm leaving" and you still go and attack/chastise him

Iceberg, that was whatchel1 that said the boo hoo hoo thing.

Confused

Iceberg, that was whatchel1 that said the boo hoo hoo thing.

Yes I said that and I didn't attack. Many times there are those that leave and post crap & I say nothing. I didn't attack and if Ice thinks that is a real attack he is really confused. A real attack is if you call them out for making up things or ranting. I made a weak statement that only 2 people got PO'd about and misunderstood. Time for Ice to relax and go play with his FTA setup. Iceberg do you even have an E* setup other than when you work on your Dad's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)