Status
Please reply by conversation.

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
We got word today that as of 1/1/17 there will be no more DirecTV Refer a Friend. Very interesting.

We can sign up new customers with it until 12/31.

So, it's specific to certain retailers then as DirecTV's website says no?

We got an email today that said that as of 1/1 it will be no more and we can use it until 12/31 for new customers. I've been told that it's going away for everybody but when it does is up to AT&T.

We got an email today that said that as of 1/1 it will be no more and we can use it until 12/31 for new customers. I know it's going away for everybody but when it does is up to AT&T.
So if my mother were to signup and she lives in Sacramento, CA could she call you, or do I need to find a local retailer in her area?

So if my mother were to signup and she lives in Sacramento, CA could she call you, or do I need to find a local retailer in her area?

I asked our person in charge of DirecTV if we can sell across the country and I should know for sure tomorrow. Things are changing since AT&T took over. We can sell nationwide with Dish, HughesNet and Exede but I'm not sure about DirecTV.

I asked our person in charge of DirecTV if we can sell across the country and I should know for sure tomorrow. Things are changing since AT&T took over. We can sell nationwide with Dish, HughesNet and Exede but I'm not sure about DirecTV.
Thank you, that's quite gracious of you.:)

Reactions: JSheridan
I referred 4 people. 3 left due to the horrible client/mini system. I wasn't going to refer anyone else until there is a 4K "HR64" or something receiver and the client system is either replaced or overhauled and fixed. Looks like I won't be.

Before the changeover, I got my Directv in NC from a dealer in Kansas City. Their deal was better than anything Directv offered and included a free AM21, and took care of my referral from my friend. It was literally as easy as a few emails and texts and boom my complex's installer was there. BEYOND easy!! I got all the usual new customer promotions, too, but those are long gone. I am interested in the result of this, too. My deal (Free HD for life, so $10 off/month, only pay DVR and MRV fee under the old billing system) from that dealer stays to this day on my account, as long as I don't change my base package. Do you, as a dealer, think there would ever be a forced change over to the new system and removal of previous Directv promotions?

... I am interested in the result of this, too. My deal (Free HD for life, so $10 off/month, only pay DVR and MRV fee under the old billing system) from that dealer stays to this day on my account, as long as I don't change my base package. Do you, as a dealer, think there would ever be a forced change over to the new system and removal of previous Directv promotions?

I don't think they'll do away with legacy packages as long as you don't change anything. We've got some long time customers who still have very old discontinued packages with no problem as long as they don't change anything.

We don't do national DirecTV sales so your best bet would be to contact your local retailer.

Jeez, one more way to tighten the belt following the merger. You'd think they could at least do the $25 gift card like AT&T does for wireless referrals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)