Bye Bye STO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I read an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer that Sports Time Ohio is being sold to FOX Sports Ohio. The sale should be completed by the end of December. We all know what that means. STO has been on the air since 2006 and to be honest, it has surprised me that it has been clear for this long.

Wow, that sucks. I get that channel and I liked the fact that it was separate from FSO and FSC.

Not a good sign at all, If FOX just puts the games on the current FSN Ohio then the channel will most likely be shut down rather quickly, (Most likely before this season if deal is done by Jan 1) if they decide to turn it into a FSN Ohio 2 type thing then they would be a window to give cable companies a time to convert along with a relaunch at some point but it would almost certainly end up in the FSN muxes on G17/G15.

The only Cleveland teams being the Cavs/Indians (Think they also air the Bluejackets in Cle too) my money is on STO shutting down and the Indians ending up on the current FSN Ohio.

wonder what took so long (and why only $10M per season increase in tv rights money). I'd hope the Indians might reconsider another RSN if fox won't pay significantly more money to them by five years from now.

also surprised WKYC will continue airing games - you'd think with FOX taking over the network, they'd move all 150-155 games or so per season to cable exclusive like they have with most MLB teams on other FS regionals.

also surprised WKYC will continue airing games - you'd think with FOX taking over the network, they'd move all 150-155 games or so per season to cable exclusive like they have with most MLB teams on other FS regionals.

contract probably....There are areas that still have games on OTA but they are becoming fewer and fewer. The Twins this past year lost the 25 games on MY29 to FSN North...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts