Bye Bye to 2nd Receivers?

Dish_Dan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
- Someone just told me that DiSH is systematically going through their subscriber base and turning off 2nd receivers if they're not plugged in.
- I'm a DiSH subscriber since 1997 and have never plugged in either of my receivers. I just pay the $5.99/mo. charge for the 2nd unit.
- I was considering swapping out my oldest receiver for a new PVR one, but I don't want my account flagged and my 2nd receiver cut-off.
- Is it true that DiSH is now allowing only one receiver per account?
- Anybody out there who has successfully added a 2nd receiver or swapped a new one into a multi-receiver account lately?

Dish_Dan said:
- Someone just told me that DiSH is systematically going through their subscriber base and turning off 2nd receivers if they're not plugged in.
- I'm a DiSH subscriber since 1997 and have never plugged in either of my receivers. I just pay the $5.99/mo. charge for the 2nd unit.
- I was considering swapping out my oldest receiver for a new PVR one, but I don't want my account flagged and my 2nd receiver cut-off.
- Anybody out there who has successfully added a 2nd receiver or swapped a new one into a multi-receiver account lately?

And on my trip to the mountains last weekend to look for BigFoot, I saw the LocNess Monster in a lake near Vail.

Dish_Dan said:

I think the word systematic is the key here. After having dealt with the audit team I can honestly say there is no system to the madness.

I think though that they are only targeting multiple receiver account with 3 or more receivers and in general are only getting people with multiple dwelling setups. But I do know a couple of legitimate customers that got nailed just because they were not fast enough on the draw when answering questions to the Audit Team.

I got my audit call the other day.

I have 2 recievers, a 522 and a 625 both plugged into phone lines since March
apparently one of them phoned home and since my cell phone is the one on the account and it used the house phone, that I never use, they called. took 8 months to notice the number was different. Talk about on the ball. The call went rather smoothly, took about 5 minutes to do and the guy was very nice about it.

Dish_Dan said:
Don't believe everything that Comcast tells you ... :rolleyes:

Dish_Dan said:

I won't beleive it. I have had a 322 for about two months now, added a second one Tuesday. I think if they were not allowing them any longer, they would not have activated it. Got it from the DishStore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)