Bypass fee waived only for 1st dual tuner DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
Just like the governments stimulus package from last year, E*'s new rule on waiving fees for phone lines on dual tuner receivers is full of loopholes.
I work for a retailer in the Tri-Cities TN/VA DMA. We have heard many different clauses and excuses for this new rule. One csr stated you had to have 2 dual tuner receivers in order to have the fee waived, another stated only dvrs.
After much debate the boss spoke with retail service's and they confirmed this is ONLY waived on the 1st dual tuner DVR, & nothing else.
That is not what I read, and like most folks on here I was under the impression that any 1st dual tuner receiver would qualify.
I am getting real tired of their games, why can't they just spell it out in black & white for everybody to understand. It should not be that complicated, & it is getting worse.
We offer both providers, and I can usually steer people in one direction or the other. Right now D* is looking better from my standpoint.

After much debate the boss spoke with retail service's and they confirmed this is ONLY waived on the 1st dual tuner DVR, & nothing else.
That is not what I read, and like most folks on here I was under the impression that any 1st dual tuner receiver would qualify.

Dish has a dual-tuner receiver that isn't a DVR?

TV2 Connection Fee/ Bypass Fee/ PAF

Yes, that is entirely correct. Dish is now waiving the $5 fee for the first dual tuner receiver automatically. IF you subscribe to DDA/DHA. Customers who had the phone line connected to the receiver previous to Feb 1 will get an automatic 3$ credit for 12 months for their cooperation prior to Feb 1.

I'll admit it's confusing. I'll admit it's a half hearted compromise for a stupid fee which operated on a flimsy rational. But god bless it, it's better than nothing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the phone line fee protcet DISH from people having one account for more than one location? In the long run this keeps the price down for everyone. NO?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the phone line fee protcet DISH from people having one account for more than one location? In the long run this keeps the price down for everyone. NO?

This is usually done by a phone audit when they call you and make you read off location IDs and other info from the receivers activated on your account. You have to do it fairly quickly so that you can't get on a cell and call where a "lent" receiver may be residing to get the required information. E* allows subs to have more than one location on their account. They can only have one location active for service at a time though to prevent stacking. While the connection requirement may be of some aid in preventing stacking, I think its primary purpose is to allow info about viewing and receiver and LNB health to be transmitted to headquarters.

dvr receivers are always primary over non-dvr recevers, doesn't matter position, and since you can only have dvr advantage plan with a dvr, it stands that the dvr is the one that will have the charge waived...in the case of hd dvr and sd dvr, hd dvr is always primary regardless of position...

if you have a second dvr or second box that is non-dvr, then just buy the wireless phone jack for 40 and be done with it

Yes it is true that the "primary" reciever has to be a DVR. 722,622,625, etc...... all your other boxes in the house must be hooked up to a phone line.

but keep in mind that if you do not hook up the phone/broadband line you will not have access to VOD,PPV via the remote, and all the other great features offered on the 722's.

Will those "nag" screens also disappear? The ones that constantly tell you to connect the receiver to a phone line?

Did someone say that we will get a $3 a month rebate for having our receivers plugged in?

Primary Receiver

dvr receivers are always primary over non-dvr recevers, doesn't matter position, and since you can only have dvr advantage plan with a dvr, it stands that the dvr is the one that will have the charge waived...in the case of hd dvr and sd dvr, hd dvr is always primary regardless of position...

if you have a second dvr or second box that is non-dvr, then just buy the wireless phone jack for 40 and be done with it

One of my 508s is primary. My 622 is NOT primary. Have no idea how they decide which receiver is primary.

One of my 508s is primary. My 622 is NOT primary. Have no idea how they decide which receiver is primary.

622 is always primary over 508, doesn't matter positioning. it is hd-dvr and so is considered primary dual tuner. also in this case the 508s dont matter since they dont have a tv2 connection fee or even a dvr fee for that matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts