C-band dish

Yes with the proper LNB, receiver and line of site a C-band dish would more than provide an excellent signal. In fact it would reduce the chances of signal loss in bad weather situations.

jergenf said:
Yes with the proper LNB, receiver and line of site a C-band dish would more than provide an excellent signal. In fact it would reduce the chances of signal loss in bad weather situations.

One thing that I'm worried about is that the lnb is in the center of the dish instead of being offset at the bottom.
Is the aiming/mounting any different?
At my location I can get the 199 satellite with my puny 35" dish but 110 needs atleast a 50" one, which blows... my toroidal antenna is pretty much useless up here.

I haven't dealt much with C-band. The center versus offset method will definitely affect aiming and if you need offset (like D* and E* normally uses) you'll need a different arm. Will you be using the motor for positioning? Also with C-band I'm thinking of those big 3 meter solid or mesh antennas. I know it can be done there's a Bar in my neighborhood that put a digital lnb on their old c-band dish.

I just added a single DishPro LNBF to my C/Ku band system. Works great. I just positioned it beside the CoRotor and moved the dish until I got the best signal on the DBS birds. Now all I have to do is move my "real" dish around with the actuator to find new DBS feeds when they light up new sats. No rain fade as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)