Status
Please reply by conversation.

Earving

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Hi Guys:

How can I connect the c-band to a 4x4 Dtv switch? I only have one line from the
c-band antenna but the switch has to polarities 13v 18v and I want to watch the two polarities.

Is there a splitter or dixplexer to separated the output from the c-band and connected to the 4x4 switch or any other solution?

I only have one 4x1 diseq-c and and three outputs are hooked up to a single lnb's and in the fourth output I want to put a dual lnb with the c-band using the 4x4 22khz switch and have 5 satellites in a 4x1 diseq-c.

Thank's

Need a few more details. Is it a C band LNBF? If so, those are voltage switched, you aren't going to be able to use a multiswitch with a voltage switched single LNBF. Easiest solution for you would be to just use a regular 22khz switch between the C band LNBF and the diseqc to get to where you can have your 5 LNBFs.

Hello

I will be interested in seeing what other will say.

You would need an lnbf with two outputs for c-band. I don't know if there are some with 2 outputs.

In my case I used an orthomode feed. You place 2 lnbs for c bands (one for v and one for H polarities).

So you take the two cables and connect them to the multiswitch.

Here are the pictures and diagram I did.

hxxp://www.labgate.info/Currentsetup/Orthomode/orthomodefeed.htm
Of course replace the xx with tt.

But I'm interested to see if other solutions are available. I know there are c band lnbs that will switch polarities but I have yet to see one with two outputs.
(like the dual outputs we have one dish network lnbs).

Best regards

Labgate

Labgate,

When I try to access your diagrams I am asked to login. Then I cannot access the rest of your site either. What happened?

Hi Guys:

How can I connect the c-band to a 4x4 Dtv switch? I only have one line from the
c-band antenna but the switch has to polarities 13v 18v and I want to watch the two polarities.

Is there a splitter or dixplexer to separated the output from the c-band and connected to the 4x4 switch or any other solution?

I only have one 4x1 diseq-c and and three outputs are hooked up to a single lnb's and in the fourth output I want to put a dual lnb with the c-band using the 4x4 22khz switch and have 5 satellites in a 4x1 diseq-c.

Thank's

is it only one receiver?

If so, just use a 22k switch. Then you can get both polarities from the C-Band

Labgate,

When I try to access your diagrams I am asked to login. Then I cannot access the rest of your site either. What happened?

Hello Texas, I know we did change the server yesterday and I will do other modification today so this should be corrected in the next few hours.

Iceberg, this is a good idea. I'm always too minded on using more that one receiver on c-band (4dtv + dvb).

Best regards

Labgate

is it only one receiver?

If so, just use a 22k switch. Then you can get both polarities from the C-Band

Hello Icebeg

Since this is a single output for C-band will the 22k switch allo to connect to a multiswitch after.

Else I don't see how we can distribute to 4 receivers if we have a single lnb.

Labgate

Here is what I have (an orthomode feed)

So I get two outputs for c-band (h and v) and two outputs for ku-band (h and v)

I can connect those two outputs to a multiswitch and it will give me the opportunity to connect 4 (or even 8) receivers and the receivers will access both polarities.

Of course you have to have something to move the dish. (vbox or c-band receiver).

And all your receivers will only be able to watch 1 sat but one can be on an horizontal transponder and the other one on a vertical.

Labgate

Attachments

• orthomode feed.jpg
    orthomode feed.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 255
  • diagramm.jpg
    diagramm.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)