FREE C/Ku Complete System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PansatBill

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 14, 2020
San Francisco
Howdy,

I haven't played with my complete C/Ku satellite system setup in a few years, so it's time to

move it along to someone who would enjoy it. I'm in San Francisco. Anybody in the Bay Area want

this gear? I can provide more details of I get a response. Note the dish would need to pulled up

with a rope and walked across my flat roof to get it to the street. Bring a truck and have fun!

Paraclypse 7.5' hydroformed dish.
AJAK Horizon 180 H-to-H mount
Chaparral Monterey 55 receiver with Videocypher module
Motorola HDD200 High Definition MPEG-2/HD Decoder
Chaparral Corotor feed, Chaparral and Astrotel LNBs
Pansat 9200 HD receiver with updates
Spare hardware
Tons of documentation
Thanks,
Bill
Dish2.jpg

Howdy,

I haven't played with my complete C/Ku satellite system setup in a few years, so it's time to

move it along to someone who would enjoy it. I'm in San Francisco. Anybody in the Bay Area want

this gear? I can provide more details of I get a response. Note the dish would need to pulled up

with a rope and walked across my flat roof to get it to the street. Bring a truck and have fun!

Paraclypse 7.5' hydroformed dish.
AJAK Horizon 180 H-to-H mount
Chaparral Monterey 55 receiver with Videocypher module
Motorola HDD200 High Definition MPEG-2/HD Decoder
Chaparral Corotor feed, Chaparral and Astrotel LNBs
Pansat 9200 HD receiver with updates
Spare hardware
Tons of documentation
Thanks,
Bill
Is this by chance still available?

Bill said some stopped by to look at it, but did not take. I suggested that he also try posting on Craigslist before scrapping it, but am afraid this would also result in it going to a scrapper. :(

He got a quote from a removal service of $900. :eeek

Reactions: c-spand
Bill said some stopped by to look at it, but did not take. I suggested that he also try posting on Craigslist before scrapping it, but am afraid this would also result in it going to a scrapper. :(

He got a quote from a removal service of $900. :eeek
Really hope someone gets it besides a scrapper. I'd consider getting it but that's about 2700 miles too far. :(

Looks heavy and it looks to be one piece. Tricky to take off roof.
Two people and a rope could do it. I'd take that dish in a heartbeat, but I'm 2,400 miles away. There's NOTHING around here like that one. Hydroformed dishes are among the very best for gathering signal due to a much more accurate surface. That 7.5ft dish likely out-performs some of the 10ft dishes.

Do I even have to mention the fact it comes with a Ajak HH180, the holy grail of aiming devices? It would be a real shame for that to all be smashed flat in a junkyard somewhere...

I just found the manual for this dish: http://www.mcgeedesigns.com/pdf/hydro7.5.pdf

Last edited:
is this aluminum?
Yes, heavy gauge aluminum. The heaviest part will be the Ajak. They are quite chunky. IF you are going to get it, you are best off to remove it all as ONE piece. Loosen the bolts holding the Ajak and dish to the pole, lift it UP and OFF, and lower it to the ground after tying rope to it in a balanced way. Personally, I'd have two guys on the roof, and one guy on the ground.

See my above post, I found the manual, and you can look at it there or download it.

Last edited:
And my back downhill neighbor offered to help drop it down over the fence with a rope and carry it out to the street below. MUCH easier than getting it across my roof. TVJUNKIE expressed interest and we had a few friendly email exchanges but he hasn't responded to my last message a few months ago. The AJAK H-H motor needs cleaning/lube and new limit microswitches.

Attachments

• SatellitePic.jpg
    SatellitePic.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 164
  • StreetView.jpg
    StreetView.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 165
And my back downhill neighbor offered to help drop it down over the fence with a rope and carry it out to the street below. MUCH easier than getting it across my roof. TVJUNKIE expressed interest and we had a few friendly email exchanges but he hasn't responded to my last message a few months ago. The AJAK H-H motor needs cleaning/lube and new limit microswitches.
TV Junkie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts