C105 code blinking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

arodrigz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Tipton Indiana
Hey all, I had my sat working last night but went to turn it on today and it reboots several times on its own then flashes c105 on the geosatpro screen. I tried unplugging it for a minute or so and restarting it and it does the same thing. Turning it off from the rear also results in the same thing. Is the receiver fried? Is there a way to reset it all to default?

Ok, I performed a master reset. Then I went through the setup menus but after a menu or two and before I could complete the setup, the receiver reboots again several times on its own, then again flashes c105. Any thoughts?

So here's the latest. I turned the receiver off using the back switch and left it for an hour. Just fired it back up and it's working fine!! Has anyone had this issue before?

Yes I have seen it reported with peoples doing this. If it does it again do a Master Master Reset. Here is how. Turn it off by switch on the back. Then hold the channel up button on the unit not the remote while turning it on. You will see the C105 again when you do let go of the button. There should be a dump screen. Hit 0 on the remote. Now you have done a master master reset;)

Yes I have seen it reported with peoples doing this. If it does it again do a Master Master Reset. Here is how. Turn it off by switch on the back. Then hold the channel up button on the unit not the remote while turning it on. You will see the C105 again when you do let go of the button. There should be a dump screen. Hit 0 on the remote. Now you have done a master master reset;)

I actually did this several times. Found it on one of the posts. But even after that it would continue to reboot then flash c105. I thought the thing was fried but not sure what to think about it now. I had a manhattan receiver a couple of years ago and had to replace it with this one in May of 2010. I hate to have to replace these every two years. Is there a better receiver that I should pickup that is more bullet proof?

Flashing C105 indicates that the unit is power cycling due to a short on the Sat IN connection. This could be a damaged or failing coax, corroded connections or LNBF is drawing excessive current.

The receiver is shutting down to protect from damage. If you disconnect the coax from the Sat IN port, the cycling will stop and the front display will show 1 (indicating that the receiver is tuned to channel one).

You might unscrew all connections and check for moisture or corrosion. Check the cap of the LNBF for cracks or deterioration that could allow water into the feedhorn. Check the coax cable for nicks, kinks or other damage. The coax cable may need replacing.

If there is moisture trapped in the coax or LNBF, it could heat up and cause a short when power is applied. Disconnecting power allows shorts to cool and metals to retract.

The cycling is actually a great feature and it is protecting your receiver from damage. The receiver is very high quality and should last for many, many years.

I almost told him to disconnect the coax, but he said it stopped. Very good explanation Brian.

Flashing C105 indicates that the unit is power cycling due to a short on the Sat IN connection. This could be a damaged or failing coax, corroded connections or LNBF is drawing excessive current.

The receiver is shutting down to protect from damage. If you disconnect the coax from the Sat IN port, the cycling will stop and the front display will show 1 (indicating that the receiver is tuned to channel one).

You might unscrew all connections and check for moisture or corrosion. Check the cap of the LNBF for cracks or deterioration that could allow water into the feedhorn. Check the coax cable for nicks, kinks or other damage. The coax cable may need replacing.

If there is moisture trapped in the coax or LNBF, it could heat up and cause a short when power is applied. Disconnecting power allows shorts to cool and metals to retract.

The cycling is actually a great feature and it is protecting your receiver from damage. The receiver is very high quality and should last for many, many years.

Excellent. I'll unplug the coax and check it all tomorrow. As I mentioned before, I got it to stop but after rescanning my channels I was getting a lot of interference. I checked the signal and it was bouncing from 70 down to 20 and back. Could that be due to a bad coax and lnbf as well?

Excellent. I'll unplug the coax and check it all tomorrow. As I mentioned before, I got it to stop but after rescanning my channels I was getting a lot of interference. I checked the signal and it was bouncing from 70 down to 20 and back. Could that be due to a bad coax and lnbf as well?
Bouncing signal could be either cable or LNB.
Bob

Yeah bouncing signal could be coax or connectors went bad. Check out your whole system.

Here is the latest. I checked out the coax cables and found a cable that was bad, really bad (falling apart). I replaced the cable but the signal did not get any better. Long story short, I finally ran a test coax cable through the house from the lnb to the receiver. Worked great for about 3-4 minutes then the signal started bouncing again. I inspected the lnb but it does not appear to be cracked or damaged. I bought the lnb in Sept of 09. Don't know how long these things last. Anyway, I'm thinking it must be the lnb. What do you say?

LNBFs typically last 5-7 years. Seen some that are going strong at 15 years and others last only a few years in harsh conditions.

Just depends on the environment, conditions and product quality.

LNBFs typically last 5-7 years. Seen some that are going strong at 15 years and others last only a few years in harsh conditions.

Just depends on the environment, conditions and product quality.

I called Satelliteav this morning. The person I spoke with said that it sounded like an LNB skew issue. I'm about to check the skew on the LNB. I've got one of those bullet lnbf's. I'll let you know if it makes a difference. Today I turned it on and it worked fine for about 30 minutes then the quality began fluctuating again between 70 and 20-30.

I called Satelliteav this morning. The person I spoke with said that it sounded like an LNB skew issue. I'm about to check the skew on the LNB.

Could be skew. Guessing that the issue is electronic since the system works fine for 30 minutes. Probably LNBF related. Maybe frequency drift.

Could be skew. Guessing that the issue is electronic since the system works fine for 30 minutes. Probably LNBF related. Maybe frequency drift.

Tried skewing the lnb everyway I could think of. Nothing! Still have the same problem. I did notice that the white cover on the front side of the bullet has about a 1/32 or a little more separation from the body of the lnb. on the top side. the bottom side is tight to the body. And the same white cover, although having no cracks, seems to be weathered. I rubbed my finger on it and it would flake off white plastic. Maybe I should get a new lnbf.

What do I do about frequency drift?

If the LNBF has drifted, consider replacing with a new model GEOSATpro SL1PLL. The PLL model has an internal crystal and uses Phase Lock Loop for frequency control. Lifetime warranty against frequency drift (+/- 300khz) and against UV damage.

You can spend hour trying to find/fix an LNB but if the C105 goes away with the LNB disconnected and comes back with it connected - or if you can spare the cash for a new LNB, I would just try replacing it. I may have missed a bunch - been stressed and tired. But time delay in failure point to something failing after a time. Only items suspect to me, in order of failure here... 1. Switches, 2. LNBF , and 3. receiver. Bypass switches. Replace LNBF with a fresh one. Then swap out receiver - maybe borrow one to test. Way too far for me to get one to you.

OK, need to add 1.b. Coax and its connectors -- usually physical damage, break in cover, and / or moisture.

You can spend hour trying to find/fix an LNB but if the C105 goes away with the LNB disconnected and comes back with it connected - or if you can spare the cash for a new LNB, I would just try replacing it. I may have missed a bunch - been stressed and tired. But time delay in failure point to something failing after a time. Only items suspect to me, in order of failure here... 1. Switches, 2. LNBF , and 3. receiver. Bypass switches. Replace LNBF with a fresh one. Then swap out receiver - maybe borrow one to test. Way too far for me to get one to you.

OK, need to add 1.b. Coax and its connectors -- usually physical damage, break in cover, and / or moisture.

Thanks for the advice. I just ordered the new lnb. I hope that takes care of it. I have an extra receiver I can get my hands on. I'll try changing the lnb and then go from there. I'll post an update in a few days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)