C31 Is slow responding...any tricks?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

unislick

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
C31 was just installed and it is very slow to respond especially using pause/rewind/fast foward and guide response time.

Any tricks to improve?

Thanks

It really doesn't surprise me that the response of the C31 is a little slow. Since it has to make a call back to the Genie and then receive a response back. I currently have a cable provider that has something very close and the response is also pretty slow. After my installation this morning I will see how it compares to what I currently have.

Ammo for picking up the phone and saying you are going to cancel if they don't come switch them out to H25's ;)

I wonder if the guide response will improve after 24 hours or so when it finishes downloading the guide (assuming it keeps the guide locally and doesn't pull it from the HR34 on every request.

Ammo for picking up the phone and saying you are going to cancel if they don't come switch them out to H25's ;)

All depends on what you want to do. The H25 would not allow true DVR controls without starting the recording first.

All depends on what you want to do. The H25 would not allow true DVR controls without starting the recording first.

Wouldn't matter too much since I only use the dvr controls on recorded content anyways.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Wouldn't matter too much since I only use the dvr controls on recorded content anyways.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

But your not everyone. My point is that it fits the need for many people out there.

C31 was just installed and it is very slow to respond especially using pause/rewind/fast foward and guide response time.

Any tricks to improve?

Thanks

stick around for 6+ months and multiple new software releases.. this is nothing different than happened with the HR34... and it still gets laggy from time to time, but its much better than it used to be.

DTV seems to confuse "customers" with "beta testers".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)