C61K-700 2 out of 3 show Not Connected to HR54/700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnumis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Midwest
Only one of my C61K are working. Two start up and go black on the front. I have unpluged the C61K and HR54 and plugged back in but so far not luck.

The Network Summary on the HR54 show 3 C61K. One has a status of WIRED, two have a status of NOT CONNECTED.

Any suggestions?

I also checked the network led on the front of the C61. There is no light on the 2 that are not connecting. The power on the the back of the unit is green.

Start trouble shooting by moving them around.....Is it wiring or the boxes them self's?

If a non working one works were the one is working and the good one goes bad in its place...its wiring.

Before moving the C61, I checked the 3rd one. Now it is not connecting to the HR54. On the Network summary screen on the HR54 all 3 are Not Connected. Last night one worked. Is the HR54 bad? I have already tried to reset using the red button and tried by unplugging from power for a few minutes. Any suggestions?

Unlikely it's the Hr54 but possible. Have you checked the splitter where the HR54 and all the C61Ks are connected together? When you plugged a C61K back in what did you see on the screen?

The C61 will show running self test and will quickly go black. The logo on the front also will go off. This occurs on all 3 units.

I looked at the splitter and everything looks tight. Do you think the splitter is bad? Is there a way to test it or do I just need to swap it out to see if it fixes the problem?

I'm considering getting out of this. My C61 is so damn slow and b/c of the minimal 4K programming is it worth it?. The TV that is wired to the HR54 is instant. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to change a channel with the C61 client. Forward and reverse functions are slow as well and the picture freezes often. I also get sound drops.

Very disappointed in this service. I'm off this upcoming week; I'll give them a call and see if they can check the system this week.

If you are saying that the power light on the back of each C61 is green, but the power switch/Directv button on the front is off, then it appears you have a bad C61 unit. However, since this is happening to all three of your units, I would suspect an issue with your power supply units, or the AC power in your home. Are you using power strips or surge protectors? Also, You can purchase an inexpensive (4-5 dollar) AC tester at Home Depot, etc. that will check to make sure the wiring is proper at each of your outlets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)