C61W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jacobryanc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I was always told that this would be the 4K wireless box but that's not the case right? Just a wireless version of the C61? I know there is not 4K checkbox under resolutions. I'm just double checking because I was given one the other day and It's showing up on my account as a 4K Genie Mini. I'm not expecting it to be 4K because I already have a wired one but curious if it might be something that could be enabled by a future update. The DTV system probably thinks it's a C61K.

Definitely loving it though. It's been way more responsive than my C41W. I finally jumped and got the Genie 2 because I already just had my C61K sitting on top of my HR54 that I never used.

As you found out the C61W is just an updated version of the C41W, it's not a wireless 4K client. There was a rumor of a wireless 4K client but that's all it's been so far, a rumor.

There isn't likely to ever be a wireless 4K client that works with the HR54. Maybe there will be for the HS17 since it supports faster wireless standards, and there was a C71KW added to the FCC site last fall. However, from the manual included with it sounds like it is designed for (and may only work with) the HS27.

No clue when we might actually see it - often FCC submission means it will be in customer hands within 3-6, but sometimes it takes a while. And it is always possible that a product encounter issues during pre-release testing and never sees the light of day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.