Cable Association Alerts FCC After Viacom Blocks Access to Its Own Websites

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The ACA said that broadband subscribers of two of its members, Cable ONE and Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico, were being denied access to Viacom websites in “retaliatory efforts” because the two companies refused to pay hefty fee increases for Viacom cable channels. Polka pointed to other examples, like CBS’ blocking of its websites during its dispute with Time Warner Cable last year.

variety.com

I wish Wheeler would... Oh never mind. Will we ever get an FCC that cares about the consumer?

Of course it also hurts Dish/DIRECTV customers that happen to have cableone as an internet provider...

IIRC when they were fighting with DIRECTV they pulled all their videos down.

Exactly as I posted in the Net Neutrality thread. If people think Netflix paying a fee that is already being passed on to subscribers is the answer you are sadly mistaken. With the ruling this allows internet operators free rein to start charging whoever for whatever, or withhold access, virtually anything they want.

Exactly as I posted in the Net Neutrality thread. If people think Netflix paying a fee that is already being passed on to subscribers is the answer you are sadly mistaken. With the ruling this allows internet operators free rein to start charging whoever for whatever, or withhold access, virtually anything they want.

About the time some congressmen and women start getting throttled,the rules will be amended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)