Cable companies new ad

nyteeyes

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Apparently the cable company here was wasiting for this to happen. My hubby said he heard a commercial on the radio for Comcast.

Starts like I want my MTV....free installation and 2 months free service for anyone who can prove they ditched Dish.

Comcast can keep it though.

If thats their new gimmick.. "I want my MTV"...they can keep it

havent seen MTV since the Headbangers Ball was taken off....The original Headbangers Ball :)

Iceberg said:

havent seen MTV since the Headbangers Ball was taken off....The original Headbangers Ball :)

Well, I ditched Comcast for Dish 2 years ago, would never go back, I would rather go to regular broadcast TV.

My hubby was making a joke that this was all a setup by the cable companies. Just a joke....:)

Iceberg said:

Pre RikKi Rachman I hope :)

MTV - now there's a joke. Music Television that plays almost no music anymore.

Good bye, won't miss you MTV.

Great, this is just what we need! Take the deal! Think about it, it didn't say you had to cancel dish did it? Juts take the free install, and the two months free. Enjoy the cable and dish *both*. This disagreement will be settled in two months, we will have our channels back, then just cancel the cable! You can thank Comcast for giving you those channels for free for two months, while you payed a little less on your DBS bill! Pretty good deal I think.

orcatek said:
MTV - now there's a joke. Music Television that plays almost no music anymore.

Good bye, won't miss you MTV.

Remember when MTV played nothing but videos? The only thing that wasn't videos at one time was "Remote Control". God that show ruled!!

Saw a comcast commercial - "Get all the channels you've been missing" in the background are all the viacom channels... 19.99 for 3 months... they don't tell you after that it goes up to $85-90 bucks afterwards...

Hate to say it, the only one not taking advantage I believe is Direct TV

bcshields said:
Saw a comcast commercial - "Get all the channels you've been missing" in the background are all the viacom channels... 19.99 for 3 months... they don't tell you after that it goes up to $85-90 bucks afterwards...

Hate to say it, the only one not taking advantage I believe is Direct TV

Oddly enough, theres a news article posted on another site about the possibility that Viacom may be looking to buy a cable company..

wasnt sure where to post it, so I started a new thread..

Stargazer said:
I expected and predicted cable/satellite companies advertising this against Dish Network when this would happen.
And in other news, Stargazer correctly predicted the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, taxes would be due on April 15th, and water would be wet. :p :D

cdru said:
And in other news, Stargazer correctly predicted the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, taxes would be due on April 15th, and water would be wet. :p :D

Similar to the news I heard this morning: "Government study confirms that eating less and exercising more help you lose weight" :D

I remember a tidbit on "Sale of the Century" many moons ago when the host said the government actually spent $100,000 on a study proving people are more likely to call a doctor when sick than when healthy.

Where do I get this kind of guh-ment money??

jsanders said:
...while you payed a little less on your DBS bill! Pretty good deal I think.

Yeah i can't wait to get that extra candy bar a month. Thanks DISH!!

I also predicted that people would say something like that after one of my posts, although I had thought I had posted that before it actually happened.

Anyways I wonder if Dish would come out with a pig oink ad against Viacom to attack back at them. Probably wont happen as Dish would be advertising the channels that they do not get which may hurt more than it would help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts