Cable Internet & Satellite TV

SimpleSimon said:
because they're too stupid to know that Microsoft has enough of the bugs worked out of Internet Connection Sharing to make it usable
No Windows in my house :), Linux kernel level firewall with NAT setup has no bugs that need to be worked out. :D

SHN and Cable Modem install

All,

I would like to re-vive this thread. I have an install where the customer has a cable modem. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the question was answered so I'm asking it again.

With the SHN can you connect the cable modem line to the AT/CATV input? I see that the SHN has a reverse path for 2way cable systems from 5-42MHz. What frequency range does a cable modem use for its upload signal? Also can the SHN be placed outdoors??

Thanks,
Tasos

The upstream frequency for cable modems vary from providers but it usually is below 50 Mhz. I have Comcast and they use 24.8 Mhz in my area for the upstream frequency.

Cool so the SHN reverse path should be able to pass all upstream data from the Cable Modem. Any one actually use the SHN to mix Cable modem and the a backfeed from a second tuner on a single cable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)