cable run

I believe the maximum recommended run for RG-6 is 250 ft without an amplifier in the line.

Contact a local Dish retailer and have him survey the site and give you an estimate.

RG-11 has lower line loss than RG-6 and might be preferred.

At 345', you're definitely going to have big problems with voltage loss. The voltage from the receivers isn't going to be high enough to run the LNB/switch at that length. To go that far, you'd need some solid-copper RG11, and once you find out what that's going to cost, you'll probably decide to go with another option.

CommScope - Uniprise 14 AWG Solid Copper Covered RG-11 MATV Coaxial Cable - CommScope - Uniprise 5915

Don't forget that you'll need RG11 compression connectors (~$2.50 each or more) and an RG11 compression tool and stripper tool.

I had a 125ft run from my 722 to a dpplus, with another 200ft from there to the wing dish. I never really had a problem, but it was operating WAY outside the recommended maximums. Please contact a local installer to do a site survey before you settle on this option. Have you considered an Eastern Arc setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)