Cable to Dish or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schmallagan

Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
WallaWalla, WA. 99362
I was thinking of switching from cable with HD to Dish with HD because of more HD programming, but would like to know if their is still problems with some of the receivers? My current cable provider is charter and has 10 to 15 HD channels depending on if HBO, Showtime etc. is subscribed to or not. But the quality of picture is very good, in both HD and even the SD, after I installed a splitter to bypass charter STB for SD reception. Personally i would like more HD content, but NOT if the equipment and/or picture quality is poor. I currently have two HD tv's both sony's, and three sd tv's. Both of the sony,s have atsc tuners of their own. But would that help with possible OTA problems of some of Dish's receiver's, primarily the 211, 222 or 622? Or maybe I should wait? Your opinions are appreciated.

schmallagan said:
I was thinking of switching from cable with HD to Dish with HD because of more HD programming, but would like to know if their is still problems with some of the receivers? My current cable provider is charter and has 10 to 15 HD channels depending on if HBO, Showtime etc. is subscribed to or not. But the quality of picture is very good, in both HD and even the SD, after I installed a splitter to bypass charter STB for SD reception. Personally i would like more HD content, but NOT if the equipment and/or picture quality is poor. I currently have two HD tv's both sony's, and three sd tv's. Both of the sony,s have atsc tuners of their own. But would that help with possible OTA problems of some of Dish's receiver's, primarily the 211, 222 or 622? Or maybe I should wait? Your opinions are appreciated.

After the problems some of the local people are experiencing with the Dish set-up (receivers, installations, etc.), plus the experiences I have had with the local dealer (a pathological liar), et. al. I am going to go the opposite direction as soon as my contract is up and get rid of Dish. They are cutting back the HD to HD Lite and number of channels doesn't mean a thing, to me, as I have no problem seeing why Voom went out, old crap shows, shown over and over doesn't appeal to me. Plus, VOD is not available on Dish and already is well implemented on most cable systems. All the local cable is almost replaced by fiber here, prices are equal for equal tiers, and service is provided by English speaking people (already have my net access with them), so that kind of cinches the deal.

Just my views on the subject.

i would say if you have no interest in the voom channels then stick with cable if you have good picture quality as you say. cable has caught and in some areas passed satellite in terms of quality. if you are lucky enought to live in a fios area, go with fios tv. blows them both away.

Same opinion here, if you have good quality picture with cable, some do, I didn't, then stay with cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts