Cableing/Remote Controls

davidgr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Modesto, CA
Good morning all, I have been considering a concept for my Dish system. I will explain my idea, and then ask a question.

I have 2 VIP 622's, feeding 4 TV's.

1 - 622 feeding Familyroom HDTV, and Office analog tv.
2 - 622 feeding Bedroom HDTV and childs room analog tv.

I would like to split the RF cable from each of the 622's, that feeds the other rooms, and send a new cable directly to each of the other HDTV's. IE... Familyroom output 2, split to office and Bedroom HDTV(directly to RF input). and vise versa, Bedroom output 2, split to childs room, and then to Familyroom HDTV( directly to RF input). This should give me 480i, input to either of the HDTV's, from each of the oppisite DVR's??? Correct??? This way, anything recorded on either DVR, is accesible to either of the HDTV's.

My main questions are.... Will this work? and can I get (2) second #2 remoteS, program them to the DVR's, and use them to control the other DVR, without disturbing the current #2 remotes that I already use? I don't want to have to go and get the #2 remotes, everytime we want to watch a recording on DVR #1, on the TV connected to the DVR #2..... Any of your EXPERT advice will be accepted and greatly appreciated......

Yeah that will work. Yeah just buy you another couple of #2 remotes.

Good morning all, I have been considering a concept for my Dish system. I will explain my idea, and then ask a question.

I have 2 VIP 622's, feeding 4 TV's.

1 - 622 feeding Familyroom HDTV, and Office analog tv.
2 - 622 feeding Bedroom HDTV and childs room analog tv.

I would like to split the RF cable from each of the 622's, that feeds the other rooms, and send a new cable directly to each of the other HDTV's. IE... Familyroom output 2, split to office and Bedroom HDTV(directly to RF input). and vise versa, Bedroom output 2, split to childs room, and then to Familyroom HDTV( directly to RF input). This should give me 480i, input to either of the HDTV's, from each of the oppisite DVR's??? Correct??? This way, anything recorded on either DVR, is accesible to either of the HDTV's.

My main questions are.... Will this work? and can I get (2) second #2 remoteS, program them to the DVR's, and use them to control the other DVR, without disturbing the current #2 remotes that I already use? I don't want to have to go and get the #2 remotes, everytime we want to watch a recording on DVR #1, on the TV connected to the DVR #2..... Any of your EXPERT advice will be accepted and greatly appreciated......

We have our house (a 722 feeding HD Front Room TV and a Bedroom and a 625 feeding 2 bedrooms and the Fireplace Room) all set up so they can see each other. You will just need to make sure that for the RF Output for each tuner (all 4 tuners can be sent out through the "Home Distribution" Coax Port) are set to a different channel and then tune in those channels on the TV's that you want to see them. For instance, if you set them for channels: 65, 67, 69, and 71 then make sure each tv can get those channels.

Let us know how it works,
Geoff

Thanks for the Replies, so quickly, so it sounds like it will work. I don't understand the "home distribution" portion of your response, but I don't need or want them to access the channels from the opposite DVR's, just the recorded DVR content. So wouldn't be ok for the RF input of the TV's, be programmed/set to the same channel as the current 2nd TV's, and then just hit the DVR button, to get to the recorded content??? The only thing I am trying to accomplish by cross connecting the two TV/DVR's, is access to recorded content, on each of the other DVR???

Thanks for the Replies, so quickly, so it sounds like it will work. I don't understand the "home distribution" portion of your response, but I don't need or want them to access the channels from the opposite DVR's, just the recorded DVR content. So wouldn't be ok for the RF input of the TV's, be programmed/set to the same channel as the current 2nd TV's, and then just hit the DVR button, to get to the recorded content??? The only thing I am trying to accomplish by cross connecting the two TV/DVR's, is access to recorded content, on each of the other DVR???

Sorry for the confusion. The "RF Output" is labeled as "Home Distribution" on the 722 (it may also be that way on the 622). By default, you will be able to see what is playing on Tuner 2 on whatever TV's you have the coax going to. You will also be able to see what is on the DVR also.

Geoff

Thanks for the reassurance. I thought it would work that way. Now just to get the cables, remotes, and get it all hooked up.

As always, this place is a plethera of Great info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)