Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Cablevision Airing YES in Hi Def
April 27, 2005
By Megan Larson

Cablevision Systems picked up the YES Network (Yankees
Entertainment & Sports) in high definition it was announced Wednesday, bringing the cable operator’s total HD offerings to 17 channels.

It launches Thursday at 7 p.m. with the Yankees playing the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

The channel will be offered to Cablevision’s digital customers on channel 715 and will feature Yankees and New Jersey Nets home games as well as select away games against The New York Mets and Boston Red Sox.

“We are committed to delivering an extensive and compelling array of high-definition programming to our iO digital cable customers at no additional charge, both as a significant value add and key differentiator over satellite television providers that offer less HD and force customers to pay additional charges in
order to see it,” said Kristin Dolan, Cablevision’s senior vp of product management.

Cablevision added nearly 100,000 high definition customers in 2004, bringing total customer count to 133,000 at the year’s end.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/ca...t_id=1000900817

LOL, Sean so much for your entire motive to getting DirecTV because of Yes, now the cable company you left finally got them :D

Well if they really want you back badly maybe they'd pay your cancellation fees and buy back all of your hardware, hahah yeah right :D

BFG said:
Well if they really want you back badly maybe they'd pay your cancellation fees and buy back all of your hardware, hahah yeah right :D

I do not think that will do it. They wanted two accounts for my 2 family house. This will be a total of 200+ monthly. With satellite I was able to get 7 receivers for the entire house with one account. So that is another reason that I did not consider them.

Wow - this came from left field (pun sort of intended).

I fully expect cats and dogs to fly by my window now. :D

...guess this is really to rub it in the face of TW.

It is quite surprising since it took them a whole year and legal fees to put YES SD on the air. And you still wonder why no Discovery HD when everyone carries it.

Very glad I switched from Dish to cablevision. Saving money, havean HD PVR and now Yankess in HD. They add Hdnet, Discovery hd and INHD2 and all will be perfect (until FIOS comes out with their TV offerings).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)