[CABLEVISION] Espn 2 Hd?

gio164

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Any idea if Cablevision has any plans for Espn2 hd. With the World Cup this summer and bunch of games on Espn2 it would be great if we could see them in hd.

I see no reason why they couldn't drop 721 (which doesn't show a single High Def program) and give us ESPN2. Now will they?

Stoney Jackson said:
I see no reason why they couldn't drop 721 (which doesn't show a single High Def program) and give us ESPN2. Now will they?

Not until there deal is up with espn and they are forced to. Cv is not exactly pro active in adding channels. Especially HD channels. I have a bad feeling that INHD2/SNYHD is our one HD channel for the year. Just as WB-HD was the one HD channel last year.

liquidnw said:
Not until there deal is up with espn and they are forced to. Cv is not exactly pro active in adding channels. Especially HD channels. I have a bad feeling that INHD2/SNYHD is our one HD channel for the year. Just as WB-HD was the one HD channel last year.

actually last year they added wb and yes hd

Stoney Jackson said:

Contractual obligations?

What contractual obligations could there be? Wouldn't the fact that WLIW no longer shows any HD programming negate any contract to carry it as an HD channel? I don't know, with so much HD programming out there, the fact that we are being given WLIW 721 on an HD channel really steams me!

Stoney Jackson said:
What contractual obligations could there be? Wouldn't the fact that WLIW no longer shows any HD programming negate any contract to carry it as an HD channel? I don't know, with so much HD programming out there, the fact that we are being given WLIW 721 on an HD channel really steams me!

Contract probably reads "WLIW Digital".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)