CableVision Gave me an old Modem? Plz Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Igor1080

Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I just got my Cablevision internet installed and expected a Motorola modem as everyone else I know has them. The "technician" who was rude and ignorant gave me a Scientific Atlanta 2203c and he said this is the new modem that they are using. Anyone who has one look at this box says that its huge and definitely not the one that the company uses.:confused: I am pissed and not to mention every time I disconnect my Ethernet cable from the router to my laptop Intel proset wireless says that the connection has limited or no activity until I restart the Modem(which disconnects my phone line). My Verizon Dsl modem would connect with no problems. Can someone please answer whether this is an old modem or not because I think I'm getting ripped off.

I have not had Cable Inet in years so I am not sure, however I know that someone will come along that can help.

Also :welcome to Satelliteguys.US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you bought and provided your own modem you are pretty much stuck with whatever they give you.

Sounds like you are having some problems, time to call tech support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)