Cablevision gets right to distribute Hallmark Movie Channel in SD & HD

RemyM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Stamford, CT
Crown Media Holdings Announces Renewal of Distribution Agreement with Cablevision
STUDIO CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRWN), owner and operator of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, today announced it has renewed its distribution agreement for Hallmark Channel with Cablevision Systems. Under the terms of the new deal, Cablevision Systems will also have the right to distribute both the Standard Definition and High Definition versions of Hallmark Movie Channel.

“We are very happy to announce this renewal of our affiliation agreement with Cablevision which, because of its service area in and around New York City, is a particularly important partner in our ability to showcase our industry-leading, family-friendly programming,” said Henry Schleiff, President and CEO, Crown Media Holdings, Inc. “Indeed, this new agreement reflects both Cablevision’s and Crown Media’s emphasis on quality and service to our respective subscribers and viewers.”

Crown Media Holdings Announces Renewal of Distribution Agreement with Cablevision

sweet... another worthless reply:rolleyes:

I mean, seriously, are we supposed to be exicted about this?

With all the HD (and channels in general) that Cablevision is missing, the Hallmark channel is a priority?

Whatever. Flame me all you want, but, this is not the channel addition news that I (or likely anyone else) has been waiting for.

sweet... another worthless reply:rolleyes:
lol.gif

With all the HD (and channels in general) that Cablevision is missing, the Hallmark channel is a priority?

Their agreement for the Hallmark Channel (which they already carry) was up for renewal so Hallmark Movie Channel was made part of the deal. From what I've read it is inexpensive. The rate card is between 4 and 8 cents per sub with no additional cost for the HD channel. CV can probably make that back from selling local ads on it.

Hopefully this is the start of more SD/HD channels being added. Cablevision has been quiet about this for a while. Does anybody know when these 2 channels will be added?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)