Cablevision to Add 2 New VOD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chek_ya_self

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
According to CableRant.com

CableRant has just learned that Cablevision has reached a deal to carry Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand. The channels will be a 2 for 1 deal. That means you get both for $4.95 a month. Based on Cablevisions current channel model, we expect Starz On Demand to be on channel 339 and Encore On Demand to be on channel 349.

No definitive launch date yet, but late April seems like a likely launch date. Rest assured that CableRant will post the launch date once it is made available.
Thats pretty cool, but are their any shows besides movies on those channels that this is worth subscribing to? HBO and Showtime both have some cool shows such as Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Big Love and Dexter. I don't know of anything on Starz or Encore

there are no shows really, but i have seen starz on demand in other systems, and it is full of quality movie choices.....this would be huge, hope it happens!

Starz promotes Starz on Demand as free with you Starz package. How can Cablevision charge extra for this?
That is correct. On the Starz channel its promotes states "its FREE w/ your subsciption" I have emailed CV about getting this in the past & now that we are getting it we have to pay for it. & btw I have always thought as thats how CV can state that their HD is free the real cost is hidden in all the VOD /promo channels (Navy/ Fx/ Dove etc.)

How is the cost hidden in Navy and FX? They don't charge subscribers for that.

Worst case scenario would be that they charge the Navy and FX an advertising fee. If that is how they re-coup costs without passing it on to the subscriber, good for Cablevision.

How is the cost hidden in Navy and FX? They don't charge subscribers for that.

Worst case scenario would be that they charge the Navy and FX an advertising fee. If that is how they re-coup costs without passing it on to the subscriber, good for Cablevision.
Yes that's my point it's just the way they advertise it ... "CV's Hd is free" & don't we all know the services don't really give stuff away for free those cost are hidden somewhere ;)

That is correct. On the Starz channel its promotes states "its FREE w/ your subsciption" I have emailed CV about getting this in the past & now that we are getting it we have to pay for it. & btw I have always thought as thats how CV can state that their HD is free the real cost is hidden in all the VOD /promo channels (Navy/ Fx/ Dove etc.)

Yeah, I've been asking about Starz on Demand for about 4 years. I think it's cool to have, but I won't pay for it.

The 2 Vod's were added to Brooklyn N.Y. this morning. I will not pay $4.95 for this when I know other cable systems provided it for free with the package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)