Cajun Pawn Stars Premieres on the History Channel Tonight

Hmmm. I have a sister that lives there.

Thanks for pointing this out; I'd missed it.

Sho we does.

Born in Monroe, raised in New Orleans.

Saw the first episode (#2 actually, followed by #1). I think I'll come to prefer this one over the original Pawn Stars. If nothing else, I'm hearing phrases I haven't heard in a LONG time!

What happened to #10 and #11?

They were set to record on DISH dvr. Info screen was correct. Recorded pawn stars instead.

Reset to record later. Same thing?

no new shows right now. Directv guide goes 2 weeks and it shows ( 0 ) for new shows

last newest shows were on 2/6...checking history site next shows (reruns) are on the 23rd

What happened to #10 and #11?

They were set to record on DISH dvr. Info screen was correct. Recorded pawn stars instead.
That's happened to me twice now. I even took a (bad) picture to "prove" it.

uploadfromtaptalk1329363807124.jpg

Sent from my SkyRaider Zeus Thunderbolt!

Obviously Dish guide was screwed up as Directv showed both of those as Pawn Stars this past Monday

It was more than the guide. It had the cajun "info" also.

Deleted it now. Twice. But I think it recorded it in the "cajun" list.

Glad someone else noticed. :)

It was more than the guide. It had the cajun "info" also.

Deleted it now. Twice. But I think it recorded it in the "cajun" list.
It did. Look at my 'picture' above. My DVR menu is showing Cajun Pawn Stars but the mini-window shows the original Pawn Stars playing.

Since it wasn't the original run of the show, i.e. at 8pm or 9pm on whatever night it plays, it may only have been the repeat that was messed up. One of my recordings was at 1:30am. Not sure about the other.

yes
But if there are updates to the guide DIrectv is real good at getting the updates in the guide whereas Dish wont

A GREAT example is when a NASCAR race is postponed from say Sunday to Monday. Directv guide will get updated usually Sunday night whereas Dish guide wont even update.

Another good example (since I have had both providers at same time) is shows like Pawn Stars, Cajun Stars, Larry the Cable Guy, American Restoration etc where the guide will give a general description so the receiver thinks that its new. Within a day or two it gets real guide info and is not new. Directv seems to handle these a little better than Dish as I've had Pawn Stars and Restoration record dupes on Dish but not on Directv.

I wonder if D* can push partial updates whereas E* can only do full updates. Actually, that may not matter either... The overnight guide update would take care of this - unless Dish only adds new data vs new + corrections.

Sent from my SkyRaider Zeus Thunderbolt!

no what I'm saying is Dish had the programming guide for that time slot wrong (obviously). Directv had it right and the guide said "Pawn Stars"

Of course I agree.

Was just trying to point out the strangeness. The info had the #10 and #11 info which can't be found anywhere now.
So Dish didn't just pull it out of the air.
Was thinking maybe cajun series got canceled last minute.

Your record list sounds like mine. :)

Here is what it showed in my D* record history. Obviously it was set to record but then once the update came through it gets cancelled.
(side not the one at 8:00 didnt record because "a higher priority show" was recording...had a program on a local that ended at 8:01 and wrestling started at 7:59) ;)

Attachments

• PICT0073.JPG
    PICT0073.JPG
    784.8 KB · Views: 173

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)