Calibrating a DLP set

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
The SatelliteGuys Radio Show post on the main page reminded me I need to drop Gregg an email for my dlp calibration. So Gregg did my RPTV a fews years ago . Awesome job. I now have a Sammy 72" DLP ( bulb set ), purchased in Aug 08. My question is this. With a bulb set, when's a good time to get an ISF calibration, since the bulb will always age? I know RPTV guns age as well, but I suspect it's a slower pace than a bulb? Good question for Gregg, if I don't make the chat tomorrow night.

Last edited:
That is a good question. I would like to know about fp as well. With the aging of the bulb and the dimmer the picture. How is it different than calibrating any other HDTV. Flat pannels will dim but not at the pace (with the same bulb) as a fp.

I hope you can make the show...

Since we are now carried nationally via Satellite we need all the callers we can get. :)

So in other words... PLEASE CALL :D

Usually after 100 hours or so.

S~

That's typical for all sets. But what happens when the bulb starts aging? Or let's say the bulb has a couple of thousand hrs on it. Set get's calibrated and the bulb goes. Is the calibration going to be way off, when a new bulb is installed? I know most have annual calibrations at a reduced cost, how many people get a set calibrated annually? I don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)