Call from Dish (I think) last night

I think you are right. The receiver was complaining to Dish about something. Dish just called to replace the unit, and since they were replacing the unit anyways, just see if the customer wanted something else.

I really, and I mean REALLY, don't like this setup. If a receiver is having issues, the user at least should get some kind of on-screen message to that fact, instead of just a phone-home to Dish and then what amounts to a cold call from Dish to an unsuspecting customer. In that case, I wouldn't even take the call, let alone give my CC# to someone who had initiated the call. If the OP had previously known that the receiver was complaining about issues prior to the call, he wouldn't have had to make this thread asking if the call was legit.

I've had zero issues with my 722 and 211.
Interesting that the rep wanted the 722 info and not the 211.
And for what it's worth, I'm neither a fool or paranoid. If you had listened to my conversation with the rep you probably would not be quite as skeptical. I had about 1% doubt that this was legitimate, thus my post.
I guess from now on I will not post any of my concerns as it appears that I'm being judged for my decision.
One final note, per Mary, the promo I subscribed to is called "Getting Better Offer, Getting More DVR" should any of you get a call.

I guess from now on I will not post any of my concerns as it appears that I'm being judged for my decision.
Same here. No judgement intended. I just wanted to point out how Dish's current process for this can be alarming. Apologies. My point was if they had handled this differently you wouldn't have had to spend your time posting this thread. :)

And for what it's worth, I'm neither a fool or paranoid. If you had listened to my conversation with the rep you probably would not be quite as skeptical. I had about 1% doubt that this was legitimate, thus my post.
as others said, you misunderstood.

I'll even go one further and post a suggestion for Dish that might have avoided the confusion on the legitimacy of the call. Why not just make the caller id show up as Dish Network instead of "Out of Area" and have the official Dish Network support number show up as the one that's calling. The third party resellers are using independent call center numbers, so that would at least differentiate the calls right away.

Caller id can be spoofed
most aren't going to that effort and it's not even currently a problem. Heck, i've never even encountered any sort of caller id spoofing or even heard of it happening to anyone.

Right now the issue is the lack of a caller id that identifies Dish Customer Service or official dish representatives in any way whatsoever.

In the event of spoofing, Dish can go after those few as i'm sure it would violate Dish's policy on reselling their services.

Dish needs to start somewhere to weed this nonsense out.

Dish needs to start somewhere to weed this nonsense out.
Simple...send out a software update that allows a pop-up a message on the screen saying "This receiver is experiencing technical problems...call Dish at (xxx) xxx-xxxx for replacement options." Eliminate customer service having to call the customer nonsense.

We rarely answer our home phone. We let it go to voice mail, and if someone speaks up & we want to answer, fine. Few callers leave a message. Dish should send out emails over this, simply for security's sake.

dare2be said:
Simple...send out a software update that allows a pop-up a message on the screen saying "This receiver is experiencing technical problems...call Dish at (xxx) xxx-xxxx for replacement options." Eliminate customer service having to call the customer nonsense.

Yeah but that would actually make sense! :D :D :D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)