Call Monday to upgrade your Internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ken F

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Verizon "officially" released upgrade details on their forums right here.

1. What speeds are available and where?

10/2 -> 15/5 (all service areas)
    20/5 -> 25/15 (all service areas)
    20/20 -> upgraded to 35/20 in NYC only
    50/20 -> No change

2. Will it be an automatic upgrade? Or will I need to call?

It will not be an Automatic upgrade. It will be just like last year however there may be a pricing change of $5-10 more check with your local Billing rep on for exact amounts. You can reach them through 888-553-1555 and following the billing prompts for a representative.

3. When can I call and what should I say?

You can call on Monday and ask to be upgraded to the higher speed and rebundle.

4. How much will the upgrade cost?

The best person to ask would be the Verizon Billing office on Monday. However if you only had internet service and are month to month the upgrade is free since that price hasn't changed. This will also be a 1 year Terms of Service agreement

5. Can I get the upgrade if have just have an Internet+phone bundle? How about Internet+TV bundles?

you can get the upgrade if you have a bundle or not

Verizon "officially" released upgrade details on their forums right here.

So if I am in the 20/5 speed, bundled with my TV for $80, it will cost me $5-$10 more to get the 25/15 speed. Interesting. I don't want to break up my bundle and it looks like you don't have to. I only have FIOS Internet because it was so cheap and is secondary to my Roadrunner. I wish FIOS would offer static IPs to residential customers and I could get rid of RR. FIOS Internet never goes down here. They are my backup so if my static RR account goes down I still have Internet with the cheap FIOS 20/5 bundle. But since they never go down I could use them primarily if they'd only offer a static IP for a little more.

Also, in my market they still dip into the Internet bandwidth for HD VOD. I don't think I'll upgrade until they move tot he 50Mbps max circuits instead of the current 30Mbps down.

I love that they are taking upload speed serious. I am sick of ISPs offering such a low upload. It is such a darn bottleneck for so many customers that work from home with VPN and stuff. Not to mention servers, security cameras, and other items.

The upgrade to 25/15 would cost me 10 bucks more per month. I am currently locked into a $109.95 monthly package that gives me 20/5 for two years. The new package price is $119.95 monthly and it includes 25/15. I can keep my $109.95 rate for two years but only at the lower speed. An extra 5 mb download is not worth 10 bucks more. Besides, I don't upload anything anyway that I need 15 mb upload. Thanks anyway. They can keep it.

Yep, we initially locked into a 2-year contract with 10/2 Internet but 7-months later we were able to upgrade to the HD Extreme with 20/5 Internet and only 1-year contract for the same $109. The 20/5 Internet is fast and reliable so it's not worth an extra $10 for 25/15. Additionally, I am sure Verizon will let us renew another year under the new offer/pricing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)