Call of Duty 4 Clocks in at "5-6" Hours

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Personally, I have no problem with this, but I know from hearing things in the past about short games that many people do not like that. I prefer a campaign mode over playing people over and over and over online. I really do not care about my online rankings and if I win a match every now and then I am satisfied, but online gaming gets really boring really quickly for me, especially FPS.

But even so, I still do not mind the campaign being 5-6 hours as Heavenly Sword was supposed to be about 6 hours and it took me around 13-16 to beat it. Just wanted to put the word out there for you guys.

N4G.com : Rumour: Call Of Duty 4 Single Player Is "5-6 hours"

Good and bad. Good that it exposes people more to the part of the game they feel is more important... perhaps something they wouldn't normally go out of their way to experience.

Bad for the obvious reasons of wishing there was more to it. I enjoy the single player stuff, not a huge online FPS guy (aside from Co-op), often a harder difficulty makes this a much sweeter experience (COD2 on the hardest difficulty was a painful but enjoyable experience) even when the campaign is brief.

Given the ranking system and whatnot, it's clear that they didn't just throw together some maps and say 'go at it'. With the popularity of online twitch gaming for the last few years exposed in a big way thanks to the success of the Halo series, this was likely a smart thing for this franchise... this will be a good game for those who are 'done' with Halo 3.

Well, I'll reserve judgement until I play the full game. I played the demo and as short as it is, I enjoyed playing it. Pretty intense game play and the graphics are pretty good. For hardcore fps gamers, I think this is a must buy.

In my opinion, if you play any fps game at easy or normal difficulty, definitely it will be short. What I do initially is play the game at normal difficulty just to get the feel of it, and when I finish, replay it at the most difficult mode. Then the real fun begins. I just wish that it is an open ended environment similar to far cry where the player can pursue multiple missions, rather than being stuck to one specific mission at a time.

Halo had nothing to do with the online experience that most gamers look for now in a game. But 5-6 hrs i would say normally would end up about 8-10 hrs for ppl who really get in to it and not just run and gun to to finish the game like some. Definitly fine with me for sure I'm definitly an online fps kinda guy.

I never played much SP in the other COD games so I could care less how long it is.

See, I'm exactly the opposite. I'd much rather just sit and play by myself and rarely play online. Then again, I don't like FPS's either, so I guess this is the wrong thread for me...

I prefer the campaign mode..... Multiplayer is OK, but I get slapped around by the folks who live and breathe multiplayer 24/7. Where I run around looking for weapons, they know where each and every one is....