Called Dish to Do HD Upgrade - Disappointed They CANNOT Guarantee a 722k

You can generally get a 722K if you purchase the OTA unit for $29, or getting a sling adaptor.

Alot of the Dishstore customers request a 722K and we don't have very many issues with customers getting 622's instead.

I personally believe that the installers are carrying around 622's on their truck and are using them for customers who don't know the difference, and then saving the 722's for the tech savvy customers. For example, a little old lady is not going to know the difference between a 722 or a 622 where as a customer from here who is tech savvy will likely say something.

You can generally get a 722K if you purchase the OTA unit for $29, or getting a sling adaptor.

Alot of the Dishstore customers request a 722K and we don't have very many issues with customers getting 622's instead.

I personally believe that the installers are carrying around 622's on their truck and are using them for customers who don't know the difference, and then saving the 722's for the tech savvy customers. For example, a little old lady is not going to know the difference between a 722 or a 622 where as a customer from here who is tech savvy will likely say something.

This is exactly correct. When we have to carry 622s, we try to use them at jobs where the customer just doesn't care and it doesn't matter to them. That way, the 722s can go to the customers that will actually use them.

722 has on built in OTA tuner.

722k has no built in OTA tuner, but an OTA module can be added that has 2 OTA tuners ($29 outright buy).

With OTA module 722k can record 4 events at the same time whereas the 722 can only record 3.

Just to add other useful information as to the difference between the 722 and 722k. Aside from physical differences with the box, there is a really cool software feature in the "k". System Wizard is available on 20.0 and 21.0 remotes with the 722k (and 222k) where it will program the remote by holding down the "0" and then following the prompts. Its really cool if you have IR interference and need to setup a 21.0 to TV1 as UHF, as the box allows a reconfigure option through this method. System Wizard can be a little funny at times from my experience, but when working, it also allows you to backup remote settings to the receiver (including TV codes) using the advanced option and receiver settings to the remote (such as DVR timers, HD settings, modulator, etc). The back up works miracles with installations on replacement equipment , as the transfer will restore settings back to the replacement unit. For those of you who have seen the failure with the receiver itself, you will notice it does the "Press and hold 0" message, at which point if you did that on a remote that was "backed up" it would restore the receiver to the settings the old receiver had. Remote replacements would be slightly easier as well, as the TV code should transfer to the replacement. Hard to get it all in here so sorry about the mini-novel.

Just to add other useful information as to the difference between the 722 and 722k. Aside from physical differences with the box, there is a really cool software feature in the "k". System Wizard is available on 20.0 and 21.0 remotes with the 722k (and 222k) where it will program the remote by holding down the "0" and then following the prompts. Its really cool if you have IR interference and need to setup a 21.0 to TV1 as UHF, as the box allows a reconfigure option through this method. System Wizard can be a little funny at times from my experience, but when working, it also allows you to backup remote settings to the receiver (including TV codes) using the advanced option and receiver settings to the remote (such as DVR timers, HD settings, modulator, etc). The back up works miracles with installations on replacement equipment , as the transfer will restore settings back to the replacement unit. For those of you who have seen the failure with the receiver itself, you will notice it does the "Press and hold 0" message, at which point if you did that on a remote that was "backed up" it would restore the receiver to the settings the old receiver had. Remote replacements would be slightly easier as well, as the TV code should transfer to the replacement. Hard to get it all in here so sorry about the mini-novel.

That is the one feature that might get me to move from ViP722 to ViP722k. But I'll probably wait until the successor to the ViP922 has been out a few months. No rush, my ViP722 units are doing just fine. It's a premature death that might get me to move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts