Called Dish to upgrade to HD--?? need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bondersma

Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hi guys

Think this is my first post whooo hoo .

Anyways, called to upgrade to hd today. This is what I have now a 625 reciever in my bedroom with my hdtv on wall, also going to my living room for second tv.

Well called dish today to upgrade my reciever and get hd programming.

This is what the gal says , says I have 48hrs to upgrade to this. She says she will give me :

Vip 722 new reciever for $37.50

top 200 plus locals for 49.99 then add hd silver for $10 DVr fee waived forever

Brings it to 59.99 add outdoor channel :) total is 61.98

And she said Will get HBO and starz free for 3 months whoo

then she says to me SInce i already have home protection plan ( DHPP ) I should keep it for first month since gonna have new reciever but after month she says I should drop it then if something happens to reciever add it on then report it :eureka haha.

So My package would be$67.98 with DHPP or $61.98 without it after first month if i do what she says.

She said the vip 722 would be brand new and it would come with the dish 500 dish . Does the 500 work ok for the vip 722 ?

Now I have this package:

Top 100 $37.99
Dvr fee $5.98
Outdoor channel $1.98
DHPP 5.98

Total 51.95

Is this about ( $61.98 )what ppl are getting Package and uprgrade for , I dont want to pull the plug to quick , to me it sound average

was gonna move back to direct but , kinda have been happy with dish so far.

If I want to maybe add hd in my living room what option would I have to go to then to also keep the hd in bedroom and add it in my living room , I dont want to get this package and reciever and maybe get hdtv in living room and screw myself later.

I figured it would be About $10 more for me to get upgrade from 100 to tp 200 programing and add the better receiver and hd programing it seems worth it.

Sorry guys I have been confused as hell on the packages and offerings , was gonna just go to direct and start over on everything but have been pretty happy with dish the last 18 months

Oh yeah I of course would have to sign a 2 yr contract , I am out of my current contract now

Bob

Last edited:
I'm not 100% on this, but since you "moved" won't they send the receiver or installer to the moved address? I think you would have to ask them to send the receiver to billing address, if they will.

There may also be a penny Cinemax deal if you do online billing and give up the mailing. The rest of the numbers are what I pay. The $37.50 upgrade to the 722 is a lot less than what many of us have paid for it.

If you want HD in both the BR and LR, there are two basic options. If you want HD in both rooms, add a second HD receiver/DVR. That'll cost you a DVR fee plus the HD lease fee monthly plus the upfront lease cost for the second receiver. If you don't need both HD sets at the same time, run a component video cable from the LR to the BR. All HD outputs on the 722 (component and HDMI) are simultaneously active. Of course the same programming will be visible on both sets at the same time.

Thanks Guys

I really appreciate the comments, its nice to be able to get some second opinions on this kind of stuff.
Yeah actually the women did mention something also about the cinemax penny a yr deal , I think it involved signing up for paperless billing with a mastercard or credit card of some sorts. I think I may have to consider that route also.

I was wondering though about the second tv deal though , now 99% of tv viewing is in my bedroom but what if I want to buy the big flatscreen and hang one in my living room , is it difficult to do without changing everthing around or differenct recievers, or do I just add a 2nd reciever. thanks
Bob

If you don't need both HD sets at the same time, run a component video cable from the LR to the BR. All HD outputs on the 722 (component and HDMI) are simultaneously active. Of course the same programming will be visible on both sets at the same time.

Excellant , that is what I wanted to here, so I can just run a component video cable from the bedroom to living room and still be able to run the living room tv in HD, of course like you say , both tvs will be viewing same thing, that shouldnt be a problem here.

So is the dish 500 the standard dish for the 722 then I take it

Thanks again guys for your help , looks like I should go ahead and get this package.

without knowing your current setup or where you live, i cannot say for sure what you need dish wise... I am going to assume that you already have a dish 500 pointing at 110 and 119. If you are on the eastern side of the country, your locals could possibly be on 61.5 which means they would add a 2nd dish 500 and point it at 61.5 along with your current one at 110 and 119. If you locals are not on 61.5 then they should be setting you up with a 1000.2 dish.

without knowing your current setup or where you live, i cannot say for sure what you need dish wise...

Hi hendrix04

I live in Grand rapids, Michigan Just checked and it looks like I have satelite 119-110-129 I think:confused: it said satelites then had green under them

I just went out and checked and it says DIsh network 1000 on it also says
DP plus, has 3 cones pointed at dish

Is this the right dish for the new setup, Was wondering , the lady says on phone that I would be getting dish 500, wonder if she just didnt know I already have the 1000, Im assuming this is the better dish. I would like to know before installer, so he dont run off or echange for cheaper dish without me knowing :eek:

Another quick ?? If i do connect componant cables, tv 2 wouldnt be able to watch seperate programming at same time right, It would just be able to just have the standard And hd available when needed and tv 1 isnt needed .

If i where to connect both componant and coax, could i still watch seperate programing in standard on tv 2 in living room or not.

It really isnt a big deal , hell I dont even know remember the last time tv 2 was used for viewing for seperate programming at same time

Thanks again guys, for all the help
Bob

If you have 110/119/129 you're all set for HD unless you need 61.5 for the Grand Rapids locals in Hd from Dish. That may very well be the case, I needed a 2nd dish to get the Flint locals in HD. You must currently have a 1000.2 dish. They may install a 500 to get your locals in HD.

Yes, if you hook up both component and HDMI for HD from TV1 it'll be the same channel/same time but you could still see different programming on TV2 in dual mode in SD on whatever channel its on now. BTW, I do this on both my 622 & 722. Have HD on TV1 on 4 different HD TVs. I chose to run a HDMI to the remote TVs and use component for the ones located by the receivers. Get your cables from monoprice.com . Great prices and fast shipping. Hope this helps.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)