Called to get 622; received it in 48 hours! Question...

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
I called Monday morning to swap my 522 & 811 (on same HDTV) with a 622. I was surprised to receive it this morning (shipped UPS 2nd Day Air). Can I swap it with the 522, run a check switch and software download then have the 1000.2 antenna installed when available? I can survive without the sat 129 channels until I get the 1000.2.

jdmart said:
I called Monday morning to swap my 522 & 811 (on same HDTV) with a 622. I was surprised to receive it this morning (shipped UPS 2nd Day Air). Can I swap it with the 522, run a check switch and software download then have the 1000.2 antenna installed when available? I can survive without the sat 129 channels until I get the 1000.2.
If you activate they will only do it by cancelling your 1000 order. So you probably should wait.

Wow. I was told that it is taking 30 days from the order date for the 622 to be delivered. I decided not to order because of that. Is this normal to get it that fast or did he just get really lucky?

srinivos said:
Wow. I was told that it is taking 30 days from the order date for the 622 to be delivered. I decided not to order because of that. Is this normal to get it that fast or did he just get really lucky?
The supply has caught up with demand to a large extent so getting the receiver itself should be routine and fairly quick. Scheduling an installation in the short-term might still be a different matter...