This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

caller id dvr 522

ob14721

Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
I can't get the caller id to work on dvr522. Been through dish tech support, just 3rd receiver still can't get it to work. I can unplug phone from receiver to another caller id phone and it will work. Any ideas?

If you go to Menu - 6 - 3 - Connection, is it able to see the phone connection?

I've noticed caller ID has been incredibly unreliable with the 2.0x versions. I have a theory it's related to which tuner you're viewing (I only run in single mode) but haven't tested it out yet.

the connection is working and caller id is enabled.from what i read in this site caller id is unreliable on most dish receivers.

We just got caller-id a few weeks ago. I enabled it (or made sure it was enabled) on my 522 and so far, I've had ZERO problems with it. I've only seen it on TV1 though... *Usually* we watch TV2 (bedroom) "late", i.e. after 10pm. We rarely get phone calls after 9pm or so...

I haven't had any trouble with mine working on either TV1 or TV2 .

What's your phone number Hall, I'll give you a call about 1 or 2 a.m. so you can see if it works .

I've had no problems with mine either. I always have mine in "single mode".

There seem to be a lot of bugs in the 522. I can live without the caller id. t The other bugs come and go. Hopefully Dish will resolve these problems.

what dish needs to do with the 522...forget about caller id as most cordless phones have them....all you have to do is look at the phone...they need to put all of there effort on developing the software for the interactive functions on the 522 ,obviously they are very understaffed in that department or they don't really care to lose subs to DTV w/TiVO!...just a thought but VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER...MY THIRD 522 IN 4 MONTHS.

I agree with the part about Caller-ID. Yeah, it's kinda nice, but really unnecessary IMO. As for putting "all of there (sic) effort" in the interactive stuff, NO WAY !! I want the un-needed "Hard disk maintenence" solved. I did notice the audio/video out-of-sync problem since getting 2.03 and it can be quite annoying. Minor things like the color-to-black/white flicker on certain system menus, the DVR, for one, should be taken care of.

Operational issues come FIRST. The interactive stuff is *fluff*. I looked forward to them enabling "Dish Home" but once they did, I was very disappointed in it. In six months, I can't think off the top of my head what they've added additionally to it since they first turned it on. Well, other than the NBC Olympic showcase thing....

I would thing that anyone that does not care for caller ID could just disable it. I personally like it.

Yes, we can disable it. I think the point being made is that Dish's priorities should not be caller ID or interactive features. They can worry about that after basic DVR functionality works reliably.

what i noticed on mine is that if the caller id does not come through with a NAME it wont display

Example
Call comes in

On phone reads "Jane doe, 1 222 333 4444"
On Tv read the same thing

Example 2
Call comes in

On Phone "1 222 333 4444"
On Tv - Nothing

J3ff, see my post here for more details I've observed with the caller ID (and other bugs) on the 522. That was with L1.69 I think but I've noticed at least some of it still applies in L2.0x.