Caller ID issue...

farmsatguy

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2004
Middle of No Where!
OK, got a problem I just can't figure out... If I hook up a 501, 510, 301, etc to my phone jacks in the house, the caller ID works perfectly. If, on the other hand, I hook up my 522 or 322 to the same phone jacks using the same phone line, caller ID refuses to work!?! It will "occasionally" show an "Out of Area/Unavailable" on the TV, but refuses to show anything else. I've tried running a brand new line from the telephone company's box outside straight to the receiver, and still nothing goes. Yes, I've done the connection test under diagnostics on both x22's and they always come back saying OK. So, why is it all the single tuners show every call on the TV, but using the same exact lines on the x22's, it will not work? This is driving me nuts...I'm lazy and hate finding the phone - as dumb as it sounds, I'm ready to cancel over this issue. I'm now on my 3rd 522 because of this. I've asked Dish to just send me 2 510's to replace the 522, but of course, they won't.

As a E* installer for 5 years, I've yet to see this and I feel like it is something obvious, but damned if I can figure it out, especially when all the single tuners work fine with caller ID - ANY suggestions are welcome (provided they make some sense).

Thanks in advance...

Good thought, but no (unfortunately) - all that is offered in the boonies where I live is dialup. And, I have a separate line for that - I even tried that line, but still no go on the caller ID. For that matter, I even disconnected that line at the NID to see if that would help...need I say that it didn't!?!

Do you have caller ID "number only", instead of both name and number? When I get a phone call that comes in on my phone display with just a number, my 522 shows out-of-area for both name and number; but the 522 works properly if it gets BOTH name AND number.

Mine says, out of area but does display their number. It also displays the persons name if they don't have it blocked.

No, none of this applies - I can hook up any single tuner and get name & number with no problem. It's just these x22's that won't work for some odd reason - no rhyme or reason. I would feel better if the single tuners I have failed with caller ID (my 510, 501, 301) but they don't...just odd. Maybe this new software coming out might help (2.06 I think)...or not!?!

My 721's are both problematic (read useless) with caller ID; 301's and 311 work fine though. I tried the "caller id toggle" trick on the 721s, that works for about a day. I am not on DSL, nor VOIP; just a normal PSTN line. RMA'ing the 721 yielded no fix.

chadm said:
My 721's are both problematic (read useless) with caller ID; 301's and 311 work fine though. I tried the "caller id toggle" trick on the 721s, that works for about a day. I am not on DSL, nor VOIP; just a normal PSTN line. RMA'ing the 721 yielded no fix.

Yeah, I'm on my 3rd 522...what is the "caller id toggle" you referred to? Is it something I can try that may help? I got the 2.06 update this morning; haven't really played with the system much, but I can assure you it didn't fix the caller ID issue.

For me, caller ID is a "much needed" feature and this is really ticking me off! And Dish won't let me swap it out for a couple 510's - you would think they'd be up for that as they'd get more money out of me each month for both the DVR/PVR fee and the additional receiver...go figure. The 510 I do have has never had any of the problems the 522 has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)