Caller ID on 211

gowen

Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
just upgraded from 811 to 211. caller id will not work at all. worked fine on 811. all settings are correct. any suggestions are appreciated. :hatsoff:

just upgraded from 811 to 211. caller id will not work at all. worked fine on 811. all settings are correct. any suggestions are appreciated. :hatsoff:
I've had a similar problem. I still have an 811 and a 211 hooked up to the same phone line. Most of the time, the 211 doesn't show anything except "Unknown", while the 811 has full caller data. About the only time I see good data on the 211 is when the call is from an ATT/SBC sub, like myself.

And :welcome

I just upgraded to the VIP211 in January and have always gotten the caller ID feature, with no problems.

The problem I have with the 211, is that on the EPG in the last few weeks, I'm getting a blue bar approximately 2-3 inches on the right side of the guide that was never there before.

Anyone know what's up with that? :confused:

yes caller id is enabled and phoneline checks ok. my phones that have caller id work fine. i exchanged the 211 at my dealer and got another one, it would not work either. i plugged a caller id phone in the phone jack used by the 211,it worked fine. i'm stumped. Dish tech people are no help.

problem solved!! i talked to bellsouth, found out that i did have caller id, which only shows the number, but i did not have caller id deluxe, which shows caller name and number. they changed it to deluxe caller id,and now it works on the 211. by the way, i bought the bellsouth complete package about 2 years ago and it includes caller id deluxe, but someone pushed the wrong button,imagine that. thanks guys, great site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)