Caller ID still not working

RJS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Hazel Green, WI
The caller ID is still not working on my Hopper. Works for the rest of the day after a reboot and then goes away the next day. We who have this problem have been patient but it's been quite a while. It would be nice if Dish would take care of this.

I know some who have other problems couldn't care less about this but I don't have a external hard drive or use PTAT so this stands out to me. With the new update, On Demand Blockbuster doesn't work without a reboot. Little by little the Hopper is getting better but sometimes fixing one thing seems to break another and the cycle keeps going.

My hopper was installed in July and caller id didn't work for the first day (as most things didn't), but since then has been rock solid....

Like Cosmo, except I was installed in March, Caller ID has worked from the second day on, flawlessly. That goes for the Hopper and two Joeys with the telephone line into the Hopper only.

When my 722 was delivered as a replacement and had no caller id working, Dish told me Caller ID is not a priority and they would not send a replacement. After 2 years, tuner 2 died and I got a replacement. Caller ID works on that. If DISH has not changed their policy, I'd say you are out of luck.

The caller-id problem is really bugging me. It has worked on and off since I got the Hoppers. In the previous release, I had to do a cold restart to get it to work. It would then work fine for a day or so and then it would stop working. Now, it comes and goes...sometimes working on the hoppers and occasionally on the joeys. Common Dish, let's get this fixed!

The caller ID is still not working on my Hopper. Works for the rest of the day after a reboot and then goes away the next day. We who have this problem have been patient but it's been quite a while. It would be nice if Dish would take care of this.

I know some who have other problems couldn't care less about this but I don't have a external hard drive or use PTAT so this stands out to me. With the new update, On Demand Blockbuster doesn't work without a reboot. Little by little the Hopper is getting better but sometimes fixing one thing seems to break another and the cycle keeps going.

Hi, I do understand how frustrating this caller ID issue is and we are working on getting the issue resolved. I do apologize that it is taking sometime to resolve but we are working on this issue.

I called and they still say it's on a future update. My son had a hopper system installed three days ago and the caller ID works fine. Come on Dish fix this thing or replace the defective Hopper.

Anyone know if this has been resolved in one of the more recent software updates?
it's not a common issue. It's been a month since maryb's post and the last firmware release was around the same time. It's not likely that the few folks in thread have had their issues resolved.

If you're having trouble with it, definitely message DIRT and report it.

Mary,
I have my phone line split and a line to each of my two hoppers. Is this the correct config for my two hopper--three joey setup? If I did a cold shutdown for them, and then rebooted, my phone test would show green for both hoppers. But then a day later, it changes with little consistency.
Jim Koenig

Now they are coming out with update 223 and are looking at Bluetooth and soft delete but for some reason they won't fix a simple thing like older hoppers are having caller ID problems. Why not fix the old problems before taking on more?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts