Caller ID/VCR Timer on 322

apocrapha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Hey Now,

I've had a 322 receiver for about 3 weeks now --no major problems except this annonying one. If I use the 322 to fire off a VCR timer and a call comes in while it's recording the caller id box is not the small one at the top of the screen but the large one that takes up most of the middle of the screen. That wouldn't be so bad but it doesn't go away..if no one is watching it will stay up throughout the recording and when I get home hitting select doesn't get rid of it-have to change channels to make it go away.Needless to say this makes the recorded show less than enjoyable. This only happens if the 322 starts the VCR recording -- not if I use the VCR's timer to start the recording..

I know the obvious fix - disable caller id . But aside from that anyone have any other guess to try-maybe I'll just have to hope that a future software upgrade fixes this "feature"

Thanks

Why do you need to have the caller ID enabled? Do you not have caller ID on your phone?

apocrapha, just FYI, I noticed the same problem on the 522 a long time ago with L1.69 software, here is my post about it. Sorry it's a very long post but it documents all the bugs I had noticed at that time. (I think it was my first post here, even!)

The caller ID part starts about halfway down.

chaddux said:
Why do you need to have the caller ID enabled? Do you not have caller ID on your phone?

Ok- I guess I can spell it out for a fellow texan. Watching tv in my favorite comfy chair and phone rings. Phone does have caller ID. But phone is not within viewing range of comfy chair. Have to leave comfy chair and walk across room to view caller ID on phone then decide if I want to answer it. So it does make it nice to have the caller ID come on the TV-keeps me from having to leave comfy chair. :cool: I know your next question..why don't you have the phone closer to comfy chair?? Just because :D

And to Tuxcoder yeah that's exactly the problem I have - the only difference is I assume you were recording to disk while I'm using the VCR timer - I have a 522 also and haven't had as many problems with it yet as some have so maybe I should just keep quiet and not piss off the dish network gremlins :eek:

They have these neat new inventions. They are phones that are cordless! They can actually be taken anywhere in the house, even to your favorite chair! That way, when the phone rings, you can look at the caller ID on the phone and never have to get up!

I can spell that out too. :) From where in Texas are you posting?

Yeah I've heard of those phones that work without wires..seems kinda spooky to me. Like some sorta black magic. But I'd be willing to try them out. I'll send you my address and you can buy a couple for me and I'll let you know how it works out..but seriously folks. :D I am posting from the dark and scary suburbs of Dallas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)