Caller ID

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
Why is the caller ID intermittent on Hopper? Dish really needs to spend more in their software development if they want to remain competitive. Way too many ongoing bugs with the Hopper.

Why is the caller ID intermittent on Hopper? Dish really needs to spend more in their software development if they want to remain competitive. Way too many ongoing bugs with the Hopper.

Only added caller ID to our new Hopper w/Sling less than a week ago, and it was worth the $6 that it cost per month from AT&T. Have been receiving calls daily, most with no one answering, just calling. All are some type of computer generated calling, I suspect. Every call now shows on our phone and TV, many with "Wireless Caller" or the name of the Business, or the State with the number. Now we no longer answer or pickup the phone if we do not know the number and we have an answering machine. Sure this is a low tech approach, but thus far all the calls we have received and choose not to answer, none have left a message! Wife now very pleased and has stopped screaming into the phone telling them we are on the "No Call List".

Not one issue and we watch a lot of TV!

My Caller ID was intermittent on my Family Room Hopper. Always worked on the bedroom Hopper. Since the software update no more problems. Another coincidence at the same time of the software update , I switched my land line phone from Verizon to Vonage.

As I stated previously I find no fault with the Caller ID on the new Hopper just adding it this week and I'm on S309, not the update. Just found today that recap of all received calls on our phones are also available on the big screen. How cool is that?:)

I would like to see Hopper have the same capability as cell phones.. a data base so names can be had for phone numbers. For instance, if you have the AT&T home base unit, this operates as a cell phone and the caller ID it puts on the line does not include NAME. They say any phone on the line that displays Caller ID also uses a database to bring up a name so name is not needed (except for T-Mobil who added name last year to caller ID) I know it would take memory for this. How about on the ethernet port, give the ability for someone to put a memory stick there and use that for the caller ID database?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts