Caller ID

jrrdy1380

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Virginia
I just recently noticed on my 510 machine that my Caller ID is not showing up on my TV when my phone rings. I like to use this feature because I don't have to run to the phone to check the ID. If it is someone I know, I answer or if it is unlisted, I let my answer service get it.

Anyone know how to resolve this problem with the Caller ID? I checked my connections from the phone jack to the receiver and I confirmed that the Caller ID feature is active.

jrrdy1380 said:
I just recently noticed on my 510 machine that my Caller ID is not showing up on my TV when my phone rings. I like to use this feature because I don't have to run to the phone to check the ID. If it is someone I know, I answer or if it is unlisted, I let my answer service get it.

Anyone know how to resolve this problem with the Caller ID? I checked my connections from the phone jack to the receiver and I confirmed that the Caller ID feature is active.
Do a power button reset it should bring it back for a few days.

Got it working

I went on ahead and powered off the receiver and unplugged it then disconnected the phone line from the receiver. I then reconnected the phone line first to the 510 then plugged it in and powered back up. After requiring signal, I used my cell phone to call my land-line and the id is once again working.

I think what happened is that I recently disconnected the phone line from the 510 while the system was powered on. I think that is why I lost the Caller ID feature.

both of my 301's and my 811 sometimes do not pick up the caller id info and display it. I would think it is a problem with the software, and not anything you did. The receiver wouldn't know if it has a phone line connected to it or not. And even if it did, it shouldn't effect the caller ID function.(PPV, DVR, etc. yes, but caller ID I can't see how)

Also your phone line may have lost its connection on the receiver, and by re-setting it you fixed your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts