Camping setup for one week

sasquatch006

Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Hi all,

New here...looks like there's a lot of smart people here! Hoping to get some answers, or some info...

I'll be headed to a pretty remote campsite at the beginning of August, and all of us guys are wanting to watch the Seahawks play on Thursday Night Football, for the season opener. I checked out the Dish Tailgater in hopes of just being able to rent it for the week, but it looks like it has to be purchased. Not really keen on spending that much $ just to use it once or twice a year.

Does anyone know of a good setup, or can provide some info as to what I should look for? I see Winegard has some equipment that's been mentioned here...we'd all be ok chipping in some $ and just purchasing, and then adding an additional Dish Receiver to my account for a month or so. Would that work? Is this a decent model? http://www.campingworld.com/shoppin...ual-portable-satellite-tv-antenna/49428#qanda

Thanks in advance! Please let me know if there's any more info I can provide.

You can purchase a Tailgater and 211 receiver for around $450, maybe even less. Even if you only used it a couple times a year the convenience alone is worth it to me. Now if you have the right tools and skills you can get by cheaper by buying a dish antenna assembly and try pointing it yourself. I use to do that for years but it got to the point where it wasn't worth it for the short time we watched it while tailgating so I quit bringing it. Once the Tailgater came out there really wasn't a reason for me not to bring it since it was so quick and easy to setup. I'm had mine for about 3 years now.

Reactions: sasquatch006
I gotta agree with buying the tailgater and adding a 211 to your account. Go to dishdepot.com. Likely to get both cheaper. Not a fan of camping world and their "knowledge" of how dish accounts work, but I also know people that swear by them. Now the advantage once you buy it, is you can host weekend football parties during the season and pool parties throughout te year. Just an idea. What part of the country are you in, since the tailgater only gets WA satellites, you may not get hd locals for your football games. That would also be a selling point for me. Another great alternative if that is the case, is the winegard pathway x2, that gets 61.5.

LOL! I saw this post too, but didn't feel comfortable making an offer without knowing if the equipment would work. Since the receiver is obsolete, it's already @ the landfill, but I'd be happy to send the dish & other stuff to sasquatch0006 for the cost of shipping. Just to clear, if I understand correctly, the dish won't pick up HD, only standard definition. PM me if interested.

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies and info!! Charmschool, I'll shoot you a PM to see if you still have the equipment.

I see there's a Craigslist posting in my area for a Tailgater Dish and Receiver, for $375. I'll check that out.

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts