Can 722 and 211 share same ext hard drive

jim090

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
NA
I have a 722 now adding another HD Tv. Can i use my external hard drive from my 722 on a 211 after i pay $40 activation fee? and see my recordings

Any less expensive way to go? better receiver? Any idea what dish charges for extra receiver? Not under contract have been, with Dish 14 years?

Thanks for any Help Suggestions

Unfortunately, 411/211/211k cannot share EHDs with 612/622/722/722k/922/Hopper.

I'm sure Dish would gladly give you another receiver, however not without a new 2-year agreement. Extra 211 would be $7 a month and 722 would be $17 a month.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for the quick answers so any of these receivers can share Ext. hard drives 612/622/722/722k/922/Hopper

Thanks for the quick answers so any of these receivers can share Ext. hard drives 612/622/722/722k/922/Hopper

Yup. 612 is $10/Mo. Not much more than 211, but has two tuners and EHD compatibility with 722. No EHD fee either.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

The reason that happens is because the 211 isn't a true DVR, so when the hard drive is hooked up to it, it becomes the active hard drive and ot the archive drive for storage like the 612/622 and so on use the external for.

No. You can not interchange those drives. Look into Hopper/Joey...one Hopper, one Joey. Will only increase your bill $4.00 per (if you got a 211)...and WELL worth the money.

Thanks for all the info Question from what i have read Hopper and Joeys do not have modulators built in. Has anyone used a stand alone modulator to feed sd to house
system? can you use diplexers to feed on same coax ? or do you need another cable? thanks

Thanks for all the info Question from what i have read Hopper and Joeys do not have modulators built in. Has anyone used a stand alone modulator to feed sd to house
system? can you use diplexers to feed on same coax ? or do you need another cable? thanks

People have used modulators with success. Unfortunately, diplexing kills the MoCA signal between Hoppers (which is needed for the WHDVR.)

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

The 211/411 receivers are not charged a dvr fee, ever. The account would be charged $40 once per account as an activation fee. If you have any dvr receiver, you are already charged the fee and there is only one per account.

I want to upgrade from 211 to Hopper....AND would there be another $7 for one Joey ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)