Can 722 pick up VHF OTA

GOHAWKS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
Sioux City,Iowa
Today one of my locals went from UHF to VHF, same channel, same tower location, same power, I totally lost there signal, I did a rescan but will not lock in channel.
Can the 722 pick up VHF? that's the only thing that changed.

Today one of my locals went from UHF to VHF, same channel, same tower location, same power, I totally lost there signal, I did a rescan but will not lock in channel.
Can the 722 pick up VHF? that's the only thing that changed.
Yes as long as it is digital. One of my locals is in vhf and it does fine. But I have to use an amplified antenna to receive it, its signal is alot weaker.

You might try to manually add the channel. One of my locals went vhf today (KWWL Waterloo) and after rescan, it didn't lock on either. On my 622 there is an option to manually "Add Locals", I entered channel 7 and it locked. But according to the folks over at avsforum, many are losing KWWL because the signal strength is weaker. Mine, however, got better. Good luck, maybe Dish will light up locals tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for your responses, I ended up having to go in and delete the old channel that was UHF, then rescan and it locked right in.
Thanks again for your responses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)