Can a bad DP21 cause these symptoms?

Dawgman

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Hi! I'm relatively new to posting here but I have major respect for the knowledge alot of you guys have on here. Saying that i wanted to get your input on something thats been going on with my system.
First, a little info:
I have a SuperDish 105 and a Dish 300 to recieve 61.5. I have an 811 on a 47" Samsung HDTV and for a 27 Inch Mag LCD. I have a 522 that is hooked to a 27" (2 ton) RCA in the bedroom. I have a DP34 for the SD 105 and a DP21 to hook up the 61.5 to the DP34 as to receive that for that HDTVs. (One of the HDTVs does not receive HD yet as I just got it and am working on a solution)
Well, the wednesday after Christmas we had a severe thunderstorm here and since then I began losing 110, 105 and 61.5 intermittently and then a few days later lost all them but 119. Well I messed around with it a few days before the service person could come out. Well he came out today and I was just shy of saying......Look here's $20. Leave all your equipment and go to town and spend the $20 and waste 2 hours and let me do it. I'm sorry but the guy had no clue. Long story short he (after my suggestion) exchanged the DP34 which allowed me to get the 119,110,105 on the 522. But, I still only get 119 and 61.5 on the 811 on the HDTV. The 110 and 105 are no shows after doing a check switch.
Is it a possibilty that whatever happened to the DP34 could have happened to the DP21 and thats why I'm not getting all the sats on the 811? The DP21 runs to the 811 from the DP34. The guy said he didnt have a DP21 and called DISH and they said that they couldnt understand how that setup worked because I would have to have a DPP44 for it to work. This guy and that CSR are blowing my mind.
I just think the DP21 is shot personally. What do you think? Sorry for the long post

I'd say the DP21 going bad is a strong possibility. Too bad you don't have a spare 811 or any other single-tuner to run a checkswitch on in the place of that 811. It would certainly help troubleshooting.

As an afterthought, I'm still at a loss why your tech didn't carry a DP21 switch on his vehicle. Seems to me that would be a basic item to carry. Then again, I tend to go overboard and carry at least 2 of everything on my truck.

Yeah...I was pretty dissapointed when I think I knew more than him...:(

Thanks a ton for your reply...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts