Can a Star Choice dish get get 118.7?

cocoman

Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
Can I use a star choice dish to get 118.7? How about 129? I already have a dish 500 (for 110&119) and a dish 300 pointed at 61.5 all using legacy lnbs. I want to add HD with Pittsburgh locals. I would assume I would have to replace the starchoice lnbs. Since I have 2 star choice Dishes laying around I'd though I would ask.
Thanks

wont work because the Starchoice LNB is linear polarity and you need circular polarity

The frequencies would be fine but the polarity is wrong

Why dont you just call Dish? I thought if your HD locals were on 118.7 they threw the dish in for free as long as you subscribe to the locals

Wrong type of signal for that dish... and also, trying to point a single dish at the 118.7 is next to impossible. It is practically overlapping the 119 in orbit. You should get your antenna upgraded.

wont work because the Starchoice LNB is linear polarity and you need circular polarity

The frequencies would be fine but the polarity is wrong

Why dont you just call Dish? I thought if your HD locals were on 118.7 they threw the dish in for free as long as you subscribe to the locals

Well I figured that the lnbs wouldn't work , I do have a universal LNB here also , was hoping to do somthing with those star choice dishes 129 or use with a FTA

I don't think the dish is free

Well I figured that the lnbs wouldn't work , I do have a universal LNB here also , was hoping to do somthing with those star choice dishes 129 or use with a FTA

I don't think the dish is free
Should be as simple as replacing your current lnb for 110/119 with a 500+ lnb.

Pacific NW

Help - New HDTV/DVR receiver knocked out other receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)