Can any of the 722K configuration be saved/transferred?

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I thought I read something that the 21.0 remote could save data?

DN is sending me a new receiver to replace my POS 722k, but no guarantee what model. I just went through setting favorites, locking SD, duplicates, channels I don't want and of course, a bunch of timers.

It will take me a day or two just to stream to my EHD. Any chance I can reduce my workload reprogramming the new unit? Thanks!

Last edited:
go through the system wizard (hold down the zero button on the remote) on your old receiver, that will save your settings onto the 21.0 remote. and then do it again with the old remote and new receiver. if the new receiver is a 722k you are good to go. if not you are out of luck.

Thanks!!! I have the feeling I'm getting another 722K, so this will save me a great deal of time, not to mention errors and omission of important items.

Thanks!!! I have the feeling I'm getting another 722K, so this will save me a great deal of time, not to mention errors and omission of important items.
Replacements are usually of the same model.

Thanks for the comments & reminder! I *will* check the replacement receiver, as when the tech replaced my 722 with a 722K I didn't notice it didn't have OTA until the next day. To their credit, Dish sent me an OTA module at no cost, overnight, with no hassles.

Wow!!! I backed up all my old 722k settings to the 21.0 remote, then after installing the new 722k I was able to restore the contents of the remote to the new receiver. Everything except the names of my favorites lists (go figure) was there. Timers, favorite lists, locked channels, all showed up on the new receiver. Probably saved me 2 hours worth of work. As predicted, the new 722k did not have an OTA module installed, but I put the one in I had. Interestingly, taking the receiver out of the box I heard a metalic rattle. I know what that could lead to, so I opened it up and found two 2" by 2" covers for shielded parts of the receiver (I think it was the two antenna inputs) just laying around. I put them back on, but they were a short circuit waiting to happen.

Interestingly, taking the receiver out of the box I heard a metalic rattle. I know what that could lead to, so I opened it up and found two 2" by 2" covers for shielded parts of the receiver (I think it was the two antenna inputs) just laying around. I put them back on, but they were a short circuit waiting to happen.
was it a re-manufactured or new receiver? either way that is pretty messed up! glad you addressed it before you plugged it in....

I'm not sure how you could tell. It certainly looked new, and it was in mil-spec blister packing. I'm guessing it made the trip upside down and the covers worked loose. Still, a dangerous electrical condition, and I mentioned it not to complain, but because I know Matt & some of the other DN folks read these forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts